How do we change our best?

corcorangopher

Reaction score
We can’t change the past. Getting shipped to the Guaranteed Irate Bowl was completely disrespectful. How do Gophers use the huge chip on their shoulder to change the narrative? Feel free to play Twisted Sister “We’re not gonna take it” while pondering.

I dunno if PJ would pick a public narrative like that.

Win the game. By a lot. Embarrass WVU 63-3.

Last time I remember the Gophers being involved in a Bowl where 1 side was irate about being there, was the Quick Lane Bowl back in '18. 7-5 Georgia Tech was angry that with their Head Coach retiring they were relegated to Detroit to play a 6-6 Gopher Team!!

Minnesota won 34-10.

Last time I remember the Gophers being involved in a Bowl where 1 side was irate about being there, was the Quick Lane Bowl back in '18. 7-5 Georgia Tech was angry that with their Head Coach retiring they were relegated to Detroit to play a 6-6 Gopher Team!!

Minnesota won 34-10.
Agreed. There is just enough parity in power 5 football that not wanting to be in a given bowl game is a recipe for losing that bowl game. The Gophers losing to Syracuse about 8 years back is another example.

Auburn did not think we were a worthy opponent and look how that turned out. Let's take care of the opportunity ahead. Then build off that for the future

I wouldn't do anything to disrespect the people who are putting on this bowl game. We need to be thankful that we are going to a bowl. Furthermore, I hope we trounce our opponent, Think two of our losses. I would hate to have another what's comes around, comes around and people say maybe you aren't good enough for this bowl.

Okay, so dominate WV. Got it. Then in future years when the Gophers either beat head to head those with identical records or have a conference record two games better than others, Minnesota won’t be passed over? That’s it?

Okay, so dominate WV. Got it. Then in future years when the Gophers either beat head to head those with identical records or have a conference record two games better than others, Minnesota won’t be passed over? That’s it?
That, beat your rivals more often, and don't lose to bottom feeder MAC teams. 9-3 and we wouldn't be having this thread.

Agreed. There is just enough parity in power 5 football that not wanting to be in a given bowl game is a recipe for losing that bowl game. The Gophers losing to Syracuse about 8 years back is another example.
Texas BowlL 17–21December 27, 20132013Syracuse
I posted this in another thread:
We were pissing and moaning about Syracuse being our opponent. That didn’t turn out well. Furious about the Bowl, but now focus on WV

On average, the coldest day of the year in Phoenix is December 28th

That, beat your rivals more often, and don't lose to bottom feeder MAC teams. 9-3 and we wouldn't be having this thread.
i think had we beat Il or BG we're probably up a bowl, but two bad losses hurt

I don't like it, but it is what it is and as others have said, lets go win the damn the thing

I don't think Kill has ever won a bowl game

Texas BowlL 17–21December 27, 20132013Syracuse
I posted this in another thread:
We were pissing and moaning about Syracuse being our opponent. That didn’t turn out well. Furious about the Bowl, but now focus on WV
that game was frustrating, if we could've completed just a simple out we win..but we couldn't

and giving up a huge punt return....grrr

that game was frustrating, if we could've completed just a simple out we win..but we couldn't

and giving up a huge punt return....grrr
Jerry’s ego finished the day with a loss and never recovered.

Top Bottom