How Do Other Schools Travel So Well To Bowl Games?

Try this "I wouldn't be surprised if many websites to get planes USE internet flow functions that raise prices on flights when more people browse"

Some websites for airfares do use an algorithm to raise the cost of an airplane seat based on browsing history. I don't know if this person is suggesting that the same is true for charters, or if people even use some website to find planes to charter. The key here is the missing E.

Word

My bad

You know you have a reputation for traveling well when Delta adds a nonstop flight to your bowl destination, as they did for Alabama fans (Huntsville to New Orleans, $436 roundtrip):

http://www.al.com/business/index.ssf/2014/12/need_a_ride_to_the_sugar_bowl.html

The teams that go to bowl games every year have big followings because:
1) They go every year so people plan for it as part of their annual vacation plans. It's not an extra $3,000, it is a planned $3000 or whatever it is.
2) If you are from Iowa or Nebraska, this is the biggest thing you can attend related to your state.
3) A lot drive. People here seem to think that is beneath them.
4) The charters are more prepared to have a lot of followers for those teams because them have done it before.

The teams that go to bowl games every year have big followings because:
1) They go every year so people plan for it as part of their annual vacation plans. It's not an extra $3,000, it is a planned $3000 or whatever it is.
2) If you are from Iowa or Nebraska, this is the biggest thing you can attend related to your state.
3) A lot drive. People here seem to think that is beneath them.
4) The charters are more prepared to have a lot of followers for those teams because them have done it before.

Let's recognize that Minneapolis is probably one of the worst places in America to live if you plan on driving to prestigious bowl games.

The Cotton Bowl is a pretty easy drive, but everything else is gonna take you either two days or pulling an all nighter.

Let's recognize that Minneapolis is probably one of the worst places in America to live if you plan on driving to prestigious bowl games.

The Cotton Bowl is a pretty easy drive, but everything else is gonna take you either two days or pulling an all nighter.

Pretty much. Here are the drive times for the B1G and committee bowls from Minneapolis (drive time from Google Maps). Over half are 20+ hour drives from MSP:

Quick Lane (10 hours 23 minutes)
Music City (12 hours 44 minutes)
Heart of Dallas (13 hours 58 minutes)
Cotton (14 hours 13 minutes)
Peach (16 hours 7 minutes)
Sugar (17 hours 39 minutes)
Pinstripe (18 hours 17 minutes)
TaxSlayer (20 hours 57 minutes)
Citrus (22 hours 13 minutes)
Outback (22 hours 25 minutes)
Orange(25 hours)
Fiesta (25 hours)
Rose (27 glorious hours)
Holiday (28 hours)
Foster Farms (29 hours)

When I went to the '79 Orange Bowl we made a 10 day road trip vacation of it. I'm not sure why you'd go that far and not do some other stuff.

Our competitive fan bases are more mobile.

As in mobile homes, RVs and pick-up trucks with mattresses in the back.

You laugh about that, but there are many schools whose fans own RVs and travel trailers specifically for football game tailgating and travel. Having the ability to follow your team anywhere in comfort is probably at least a moderate factor in travel numbers for other fanbases.

Top Bottom