How did you like the all-black alternates Gopher fans?

The maroon and gold combination does not match with black. It always looks cheap, like the color scheme of the coffee corner at a truck stop.

Except they say Minnesota instead of Iowa on them
Well, no, they don't say "Minnesota". They have a block M. Not to necessarily throw mud your way, but rather just say I really dislike the basketball jerseys that are everywhere now with the logo at the chest instead of wording. Aesthetically they look ill-proportioned to the jersey and I find them generally unpleasing to look at.

I really like the new (standard) uniforms. Not a massive change, but a nice update. I like the stylized striping on the trim to the otherwise simple uniforms. The throwbacks from a few games ago were really cool looking. I also like that CBJ has been using the gold uni's more than Pitino. But IMO, these are a dud.

If we play like we did the second half- we should wear pink. I like maroon and gold personally. Winning is even better.

I liked the Block M on the front.

If they can do that as an alternate white or gold with that on it, that would be great.

In the second half, could have had an “S” on their chests and wearing capes, still got bullied.

I liked the uniforms, though I will say I assumed the uniforms had no names on the back. I didn't even realize there were names there until I saw people complaining about how the maroon lettering blended in with the black jersey.

I don’t mind the idea of a black alternate in BB or FB, but I feel like we’ve never had very good execution of a black jersey in either sport.

I don't like them. Was pulling for the team in white when I turned the game on a few minutes late. What is the point of black? Looks like Iowa or Illinois.

I hated the white M on the helmets.

The BADgers are wearing black uniforms at home tonight against Penn State. They say "Wisconsin" on the front, and the names on the back are readable.

I'm in the minority apparently. I loved them!

They did the maroon and gold well to give it a school color vibe still. Not sure how it could look like Iowa with a giant block M on the front in maroon and gold.

It's a fun alternate. Gophers have a pretty solid/fun selection now

Gold
Maroon
White (which I don't think they've worn unless I missed a game)
Black
Throwback gold

If the black Jerseys are in honor of MLK, I am fine with it. However, the Athletic Department needs to think about branding. We are the Golden Gophers so gold should be a part of every uniform combination. Maroon and gold are the school colors so stick close to that. All maroon or black are just too dark on TV and not very attractive. I hate it when teams and coaches wear gray--are they team Nike or team Gophers? The hockey teams have it right. People see the gold helmets and quickly recognize the players as Minnesota. Sometimes the maroon uniforms on the white ice or light-colored basketball court confuse the light meters on the cameras. Branding is important because potential recruits and other students see that on TV.

I loved them because I knew it would anger all the folks on here.

If we play like we did the second half- we should wear pink. I like maroon and gold personally. Winning is even better.
Beat me to it bga1. More like the Pink Panthers than Golden Gophers. I hope we have a good S&C coach as the boys really need it.

Top Bottom