How Could This Possibly Happen?

In this type of situation, like the situation with Charlie Strong, if you pull the trigger have things lined up. I for one am not panicking at this point, although I don't believe any of the names being tossed about right now will take the job if offered, and have a sneaking suspicion the strib reporting Fleck has not been offered after it was reported he had been, may have been an indication of his answer.

For Coyle, his timeframe for ending this is a small window. Not two days small, but no more than a week. If this goes on more than a week, we're in serious trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't "have things lined up" before you fire your current coach. It's a small fraternity out there. Word gets around. Remember Bobby Petrino and Auburn in 2003? After leaving Auburn for Louisville one year earlier, Auburn is caught with its pants down interviewing him on Auburn's campus while his old boss is still on the sidelines...oops!

It's only been 48 hours since Claey's dismissal. Negotiations take time. If it is Fleck he is probably using us to grab more money from WM or he will do the same to us to grab more moolah. We don't even know if the offer was officially made. Things will work out, give Coyle a chance. It's not the end of the world if we need to go a few more days without a coach.

Top Bottom