How can the BT allow games on ESPN3?

Swede

Reaction score
Honestly, you have your own network. This needs to be ironed out. The idea is to be seen by as many viewers as possible, not as few.

ESPN is thinking the same thing. Works for me as I have espn3 and not btn.

Costs money to broadcast games and basketball season has too many games. In football ESPN/ABC get first dibs on every game so Im guessing itste same with ESPN. If they're willing to spend the money to show a game online then they'll do it

Costs money to broadcast games and basketball season has too many games. In football ESPN/ABC get first dibs on every game so Im guessing itste same with ESPN. If they're willing to spend the money to show a game online then they'll do it

you are not correct on the football. ABC get the first pick on games each week. Then it rotate between ESPN and the Big Ten Network as who get to pick 2nd each week.

Honestly, you have your own network. This needs to be ironed out. The idea is to be seen by as many viewers as possible, not as few.

ESPN has first pick. Simple as that. Would you rather the BTN get the first pick? Then all the marquee games would be there instead of on national channels such as ESPN/ESPN2. Is it a minor inconvenience that some games are on ESPN3? Yes. But the tradeoff is worth it.

It would seem pretty simple to say, if it's not on ESPN1, 2 or U, then its on BTN. Let ESPN3 have the WBB game that was on tonight and viewed by no one.

I think the real question that is to be asked is how in the world with all of the ESPN networks and the Big 10 network DEDICATED to Big 10 sports, how can we not not find a way to broadcast this game even in a delayed way? I realize it costs money to broadcast a game but that's why I pay more $ for the Direct TV Sports package. Geesh....

I'm not sure of the particulars, but it appears that the Big 10 let ESPN have a few ESPN3.com 'exclusive' games as part of their contract. They have chosen the NDSU and SDSU games as they are more attractive then say Eastern Kentucky. Also, I don't know what the BTN aired tonight, but it's possible they wouldn't have carried it anyway. In reality, the BTN should want to air the NDSU and SDSU games as they want distribution in the Dakotas where they don't already and ratings where they do.

I'm not sure of the particulars, but it appears that the Big 10 let ESPN have a few ESPN3.com 'exclusive' games as part of their contract. They have chosen the NDSU and SDSU games as they are more attractive then say Eastern Kentucky. Also, I don't know what the BTN aired tonight, but it's possible they wouldn't have carried it anyway. In reality, the BTN should want to air the NDSU and SDSU games as they want distribution in the Dakotas where they don't already and ratings where they do.

BTN had a Wisconsin women basketball game on.

Top Bottom