How can injury bug be back with new S&C coach?

Oregon Gopher

Guardian of the Western Front
Reaction score
After all the complaining, posturing and finger-pointing blaming the Kill era S&C coach (?Klein) for playing a role in our injury predicament last year, I find it interesting that no one has questioned the competence of our new coach.

Personally, I think most injuries are unpredictable, random and unavoidable with minimal protection from them being attributable to one S&C coach being better than the other. What say you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I think most injuries are unpredictable, random and unavoidable with minimal protection from them being attributable to one S&C coach being better than the other. What say you?
Yes, agree.

After all the complaining, posturing and finger-pointing blaming the Kill era S&C coach (?Klein) for playing a role in our injury predicament last year, I find it interesting that no one has questioned the competence of our new coach.

It seems every year that Gopher fans think they have some unique injury bug. The truth is almost every college football team has a similar amount of injuries, it is just more noticeable when you follow a certain team. It is also more noticeable when you have a lack of depth, and solid talent on the depth chart is what separates top 25 teams from the rest of the teams in the country

I mentioned the same thing in another thread. More PJ babble. More food for some to eat up.

Has been brought up. Supposedly the way they condition now the injuries are less likely to happen. Guess not.

It seems every year that Gopher fans think they have some unique injury bug. The truth is almost every college football team has a similar amount of injuries, it is just more noticeable when you follow a certain team. It is also more noticeable when you have a lack of depth, and solid talent on the depth chart is what separates top 25 teams from the rest of the teams in the country

This is 100% correct

People saying Kill strength and conditioning would cause fewer injuries than Brewster were just as wrong as people saying flecks will be better than kills.

Injuries happen in football.

Based on the BTN road show comments from Dinardo he indicated they didn't look like a physical team. I took that to mean they aren't hitting as much in practice. IIRC the K-C regimes were know for full contact practices to the extent allowed under rules which maybe led to people getting nicked up more. But, it can also lead to more of a team with an edge. Tackling on defense, for example.

To really evaluate, you would have to break down the different types of injuries, and when and how they are occurring?

Are the injuries taking place in practice - in games? Are they muscle-related? Impact-related?

It's a little simplistic to talk about injuries without putting them in context. I believe there are ways to try and minimize certain types of injuries. I know baseball has done a lot of study in terms of keeping pitchers healthy. I have to assume someone is doing something similar with football, including looking at the equipment, practice methods, etc.

But, - bottom line - when you have big, fast, strong guys running into each other and hitting each other - often in a violent fashion- the human body was not designed to handle that type of behavior. As long as tackle football is played, there will be injuries. One of the HS teams I cover lost their best player to an ACL in the 2nd week of the season. Coach had to re-design his entire offense. It happens.

To really evaluate, you would have to break down the different types of injuries, and when and how they are occurring?

Are the injuries taking place in practice - in games? Are they muscle-related? Impact-related?

It's a little simplistic to talk about injuries without putting them in context. I believe there are ways to try and minimize certain types of injuries. I know baseball has done a lot of study in terms of keeping pitchers healthy. I have to assume someone is doing something similar with football, including looking at the equipment, practice methods, etc.

But, - bottom line - when you have big, fast, strong guys running into each other and hitting each other - often in a violent fashion- the human body was not designed to handle that type of behavior. As long as tackle football is played, there will be injuries. One of the HS teams I cover lost their best player to an ACL in the 2nd week of the season. Coach had to re-design his entire offense. It happens.

You can do that...:confused: I thought the only choice was to implement "your" system...

Top Bottom