How About That D!

Our front 7 played their best game of the year. I kept expecting this "great SEC blue blood team" to start ripping off running plays against us and instead I look and our front 7 is stuffing them at the line. Great play by all of them.

They played incredible. That is a really good football team.

All of the usuals played well, but Sori-Marin was really flying around the football. The DTs held it down against a good OL and Boye Mafe played sort of a swiss army knife position (he dropped back in coverage a few more times).

After jumping off the boat when Gophers were down 10-3, I tread water long enough to see Auburn was not as good as I feared. The Gophers were great on both ends. Getting back in the boat was not hard. The days of choking are over.

Defense was a lot better today than the last few weeks of the regular season. I'm not sure if that was a rest issue or what. But even the Northwestern game wasn't pretty. They were top notch today. Especially when nationally everyone assumed they'd be gashed all day long today.

Final Stats. We held them to 232 yards overall. 56 yards rushing. 3 of 11 on 3rd down.

Ever since Rossi was named DC in 2018, the Gopher D has been between great and respectable. It should be beyond clear by now that Rossi is a quality DC.

Final Stats. We held them to 232 yards overall. 56 yards rushing. 3 of 11 on 3rd down.

Amazing effort. Auburn had 5 yards of rushing at half. 5. They absolutely lit up Alabama a few weeks ago and this Gophers D held them well under 300 yards. Gutsy effort and great gameplan.

Kind of makes you wish we had a month to prepare for Iowa and Wisconsin. It has been a trend coming off long layoffs, we seem to play our best (Rossi taking over last year, the Georgia tech bowl game, the bye week before penn state, and now auburn game.

We dominated both lines of scrimmage. I had a couple of Auburn fans congratulate us and they complimented our defensive and offensive lines . Amazing game !

Incredible performance, please give Rossi a raise.

We dominated both lines of scrimmage. I had a couple of Auburn fans congratulate us and they complimented our defensive and offensive lines . Amazing game !
Similar experience here, they said the better team won and were surprised we won in the trenches.

I was seriously surprised, the defense was amazing.

They came to play much like the Penn State game.

We know they are capable after seeing them beat down Nebraska to their stunning amazement.

Carter Coughlin's box score from the game doesn't show it, but he made a major impact on hurrying Nix. Once the Gophs figured out Nix loves scrambling to his right but sucks going left, it was a thing of beauty. Coughlin will go down as one of my favorite players. I'm hoping he earns a long NFL career.

Top Bottom