How about George O'Leary?

Sparlimb

Reaction score
He is 64, which is a bit old to turn around a team, but he has done a very nice job at Central Florida and obviously coached up here with the Vikings for a time. Is 64 too old to start at peg 1?

I wanted him four years ago, but his name was never connected to the job in the rumor mill. At 64, that's probably too old. Not that he's too old to do it, but the question would always be how long he before he retires.

Would be a great coach for about 3 years when he retires and collects social security.

How do you know he's 64? George probably lies about his age, too. Especially since he claimed to have stormed Omaha Beach on D-day.;)

Making shiite up is one of the cardinal sins of academia. There would be a faculty revolt of O'Leary got hired here.

No chance

no BCS team would touch him after one of his players pulled a Korey Stringer back in 2008

This is kind of an out there suggestion. I think if George pulls another gig it will probably be as some kind of consultant. He's probably out to pasture at this point.

I don't think this program needs anything for the media to get their hooks into as far as negative press goes so even if he was younger they'd probably want to look elsewhere.

Top Bottom