Houston Nutt

disco

Reaction score
Read this on another board:

A friend of mine who is an Ole Miss fan is saying they are reporting there that Houston Nutt has called a team meeting tomorrow at 4:00pm to inform his team of something he doesn't want them to read about first.

Deep South?

This would be a terrible and almost laughable hire.

Overall record is 133–86.
Bad season this year, but two Cotton Bowl wins in the last two seasons.
Still, if you don't want Leach's "baggage" I can't see why you'd even consider Nutt.

Overall record is 133–86.
Bad season this year, but two Cotton Bowl wins in the last two seasons.
Still, if you don't want Leach's "baggage" I can't see why you'd even consider Nutt.

He does have an uncanny ability to get out of town and move on to a new job before getting fired from the current job. He is morally a slimeball and a guy that cannot recognize talent in his coaches or QB's. If I was a QB I would run as fast as I could from Houston Nutt.

No reason to post this other than I always thought it was funny that a team coached by a guy named Nutt, had three players lined up on the sidelines like this:

Football-funny.jpg

Houston Nutt? That is a name I hadn't heard mentioned. I could get behind a Houston Nutt hire.

While I don't think he's coming here, can someone explain the negativity here? He won at Arkansas and he's won at Ole Miss until this year. I've never heard anything about him being a 'slime-ball.' He did leave Arkansas under some strange circumstances, but the fact that they replaced him with a true slime-ball (Bobby Petrino) leads me to believe it was more on the school.

I also would like to know what slimy things he has done.

Sincerely. I'm no fan of slimeballs.

Is it on the level of Denny Green paying a girl to have an abortion?

Thanks for the photo...

No reason to post this other than I always thought it was funny that a team coached by a guy named Nutt, had three players lined up on the sidelines like this:

Football-funny.jpg

but be careful that you don't try to inject too much humor on this board lest the self declared "Humor Police" try to strike you down!

To begin with, he is 1-7 at Old Miss this year in the SEC. It would be a laughable hire. I will defer to someone else on the slimeball stuff, but I think he has always been fairly controversial.

To begin with, he is 1-7 at Old Miss this year in the SEC. It would be a laughable hire. I will defer to someone else on the slimeball stuff, but I think he has always been fairly controversial.

From a Mandel SI article. Can't believe he's in the picture.

The definition of "dirty" seems to vary based on one's affiliation, but surely we can all agree on at least one designation: A dirty coach is willing to eschew his integrity if doing so might pay off in a couple more W's. He's not so much a winner as a survivalist. He's not even necessarily a rule-breaker because he creates his own loopholes.
Which is why Ole Miss' Houston Nutt -- more so than any of the aforementioned names -- is a certifiably dirty coach.
Nutt's controversial decision to add trouble-plagued Oregon exile Jeremiah Masoli to his roster on the eve of preseason camp is so transparently pathetic in its desperation you wonder how he can make it with a straight face. And yet we should hardly be surprised.
This is, after all, the same man who hired a high school coach he didn't want just to keep a quarterback recruit he wound up losing anyway; turned the practice of oversigning into such a farce that the SEC had to make up a rule just to curb him; and, just last year, welcomed another high-profile castoff with a checkered past only to watch him run afoul of the law again before playing a down with the Rebels.
The so-called "Right Reverend" has voluntarily gone down the wrong path again.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...el/08/02/masoli-nutt/index.html#ixzz16b5tA5Wl

From a Mandel SI article. Can't believe he's in the picture.

The definition of "dirty" seems to vary based on one's affiliation, but surely we can all agree on at least one designation: A dirty coach is willing to eschew his integrity if doing so might pay off in a couple more W's. He's not so much a winner as a survivalist. He's not even necessarily a rule-breaker because he creates his own loopholes.
Which is why Ole Miss' Houston Nutt -- more so than any of the aforementioned names -- is a certifiably dirty coach.
Nutt's controversial decision to add trouble-plagued Oregon exile Jeremiah Masoli to his roster on the eve of preseason camp is so transparently pathetic in its desperation you wonder how he can make it with a straight face. And yet we should hardly be surprised.
This is, after all, the same man who hired a high school coach he didn't want just to keep a quarterback recruit he wound up losing anyway; turned the practice of oversigning into such a farce that the SEC had to make up a rule just to curb him; and, just last year, welcomed another high-profile castoff with a checkered past only to watch him run afoul of the law again before playing a down with the Rebels.
The so-called "Right Reverend" has voluntarily gone down the wrong path again.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...el/08/02/masoli-nutt/index.html#ixzz16b5tA5Wl
To be fair, I don't think he broke any rules.

He is a terrible judge of talent in both players and coaches. Has used coaches to get players only to then mock the coach and ridicule him. He has threatened fans when they legally requested documents related to the mess of recruiting of the Springdale kids and Gus Malzahn. He has also had an affair. Add those stories alone, which there are more, to the fact the guy has never won anything of significance and I think Minnesota can and should do better. He will also not hesitate to use open jobs as pawns to get himself a pay raise at his current job, sound familiar.

He is a terrible judge of talent in both players and coaches. Has used coaches to get players only to then mock the coach and ridicule him. He has threatened fans when they legally requested documents related to the mess of recruiting of the Springdale kids and Gus Malzahn. He has also had an affair. Add those stories alone, which there are more, to the fact the guy has never won anything of significance and I think Minnesota can and should do better. He will also not hesitate to use open jobs as pawns to get himself a pay raise at his current job, sound familiar.

For Non- Cornhuskers fans here's a translation "Nutt turned down the Nebraska job to stay at Arkansas. He's either mentally unbalanced, caveman stupid or just pure evil!"

I hope that helps. :D

18 years as a divison I coach, career record of 133-89, he must be doing something right.

For Non- Cornhuskers fans here's a translation "Nutt turned down the Nebraska job to stay at Arkansas. He's either mentally unbalanced, caveman stupid or just pure evil!"

I hope that helps. :D

It actually has nothing to do with Nebraska because to be quite honest most Nebraska fans felt his record wasn't even good enough to warrant an interview. I think Minnesota can do better as well. He has won nothing of significance and has a history of ethically and morally questionable tactics. You sure do like to stalk me like a little loser I suspect you are.

It actually has nothing to do with Nebraska because to be quite honest most Nebraska fans felt his record wasn't even good enough to warrant an interview. I think Minnesota can do better as well. He has won nothing of significance and has a history of ethically and morally questionable tactics. You sure do like to stalk me like a little loser I suspect you are.

He sounds perfect for the Nebraska job and I can see why you still over react to him using the Cornhuskers for a raise as you alluded to in a previous post. I do believe that your right about Nebraska fans thinking he didn't even deserve an interview. Lombardi, Parcells or Paterno in their prime would never deserve an interview if Nebraska fans were polled. They invented football down there didn't they?

You sure do like to stalk me like a little loser I suspect you are.

Oh, ouch. :rolleyes:Well coming from you that's flattering and meaningless at the same time. :clap:

"You sure do like to stalk me"? GeeGee as usual your accuracy is a about as dependable as your dubious claim to be a Gopher fan. Just looked at your last 50 posts and I've responded to them all of once. To be fair, to a guy as incredibly thin-skinned and delusional as yourself any reply, even a humorous one, is a personal affront verging on criminal behavior

When Nebraska finally gets into the Big Ten will you drop this charade of being a Gopher fan? I'd guess no. Much like Twin City Iowa fans you'll hold onto your Big Red football team while cheering on the Gopher basketball teams when it kicks the Huskers butt all over the court.

Stalker? You're a beaut.

Twitter is abuzz that Houston Nutt is going to take the Colorado job.

Top Bottom