Houston -23 @ SMU

Somebody needs to be fired!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

To me Houston is a case of confirmation bias.

Oklahoma was overrated as was Florida state at the end of the year last year and thus it makes Houston look good.

Oklahoma may still win the big 12 this year, but they also gave up 50 to Texas tech tonight.

Houston was just the shiny new thing this year. They defeated an overrated Oklahoma team and have been overrated themselves ever since. They have absolutely no business being ranked #11. And I think they were even ranked at #6(!) at one point. You would think the rating committee would have learned their lesson after the Iowa vs. Stanford debacle last season.

Houston was just the shiny new thing this year. They defeated an overrated Oklahoma team and have been overrated themselves ever since. They have absolutely no business being ranked #11. And I think they were even ranked at #6(!) at one point. You would think the rating committee would have learned their lesson after the Iowa vs. Stanford debacle last season.

They finished 13-1 last year and absolutely destroyed Florida State on both sides of the ball in their bowl game. Then they beat OU to begin the year so of course they would be ranked as high as they were with Ward returning and the signing of Ed Oliver.

They finished 13-1 last year and absolutely destroyed Florida State on both sides of the ball in their bowl game. Then they beat OU to begin the year so of course they would be ranked as high as they were with Ward returning and the signing of Ed Oliver.
They lost to the Naval Academy and were ranked number 11

Whats your point? 6 to 11 is about what you would expect and where I would have had them after the loss.

My point is they were overrated based on beating Oklahoma.

I guess I don't know if we are arguing

I did not realize they had that win last season. Which is impressive. But just looking at the talent in the Top 10 this year, I think it was pretty obvious they didn't belong after 3 weekends of CFB.

Top Bottom