House: One of my breakout candidates for the Gophers in 2020: WR Chris Autman-Bell

Totally agree with both. Excited for CAB (y)

The opportunity will be there to seize !

I don't think tabbing CAB as a breakout guy is going out on much of a limb. I'd expect him to post something in the 40-50 catches, 600-700 yards and 5-8 TD range.

I'm more curious to see who steps into the CAB role from last year. Not necessarily in a literal 3rd WR sense, but definitely in a 'target share' sense. I don't think CAB is going to replace Johnson. But if there are 100ish targets available (after Bateman/CAB), how are those getting divied between WR No.3-4, TEs and HBs?

Really hope you are right with this one. Bateman is going to need some help...

I don't think tabbing CAB as a breakout guy is going out on much of a limb. I'd expect him to post something in the 40-50 catches, 600-700 yards and 5-8 TD range.

I'm more curious to see who steps into the CAB role from last year. Not necessarily in a literal 3rd WR sense, but definitely in a 'target share' sense. I don't think CAB is going to replace Johnson. But if there are 100ish targets available (after Bateman/CAB), how are those getting divied between WR No.3-4, TEs and HBs?

Tabbing CAB as a breakout guy may not be going out on much of a limb.....but when I think breakout.....I am thinking that he's closer to 900-1000 yards. He's absolutely going to soak up a bunch of the production that we lost with TJ.

Opposing defenses know all about WR Bateman and you can fully expect them to double and triple team him to limit his production. This should open some holes for the #2 and #3 receivers and there will be a major opportunity for CAB (and others) to face a lot of single coverage this season from a very potent QB. With WR Johnson gone, we really need him to step up and I think if he can stay healthy he should have a very nice season ahead!!

Really hope you are right with this one. Bateman is going to need some help...
One of the young guys will step up. I am hoping that Daniel Jackson can step right in and play.

To be honest, last season I was focused on Bateman and TJ. I do not know what CAB's strengths or weakness's are.

Those numbers are like half of what Johnson put up. If CAB only does that we'll need some guys to make up the other half of Johnson plus CABs 28 for 350 and 5 tds from last year. I'm expecting CAB to be closer to 60-65 catches for 900-1000 yards, and close to double digit TD, although TDs are hard to predict. I do think we see a bit more from the 3rd, 4th, 5th options this year. I think the running game may be better this year which could lower some passing numbers too.

I'd expect him to post those numbers if he missed half the season because of injury. He's a lock 1000 yd receiver IMO. Great hands, was really good on slants, and showed off some breakaway speed. But his tunnel screen weaving thru traffic against PSU was the highlight of the year. He really has it all.

I think Bateman and CAB, together, will have something approaching the Johnson-Bateman production of 2019, partly because of their inherent talent and partly because they will have a focused and accurate Tanner M throwing from behind a mature, coordinated OL. Given the coverage schemes Bateman will face, I think CAB will end up in the 800-1000 yard range. Great hands and impressive YAC on screens and slants.

Another year of tanner morgans development and Batemen is an absolute monster. How much of a drop is CAB to johnson is what we will find out but i do think the stats could be better for the duo
Hope that you are right and that we get a chance to be there in person to see it play out!

I've always thought from what I have seen that CAB is a lot like TJ. Similar in size and ability. Very good in the crossing route and can make the downfield contested catch.

I believe CAB will have a great year, but I am more excited to see what Nnamdi Adim-Madumere can do.

I believe we're gonna have another year of an 1000 yard pair. CAB can play and I think a little more explosive than TJ. TJ is a stud in a different way but man I'm excited to see CAB out there with Bateman

CAB is a little sturdier than TJ. TJ is 6’2” 205. CAB is 6’1” 215. Both are great leapers. CAB has speed equal to TJ, I believe, in the open field. 1000 yards for CAB is a real possibility.

Our running game will be better, Morgan will be better, O-Line will be better, everything will be better on the offensive side of the ball. Dudes gonna be making plays all over the ball field. Sure there's a season.

I believe CAB will have a great year, but I am more excited to see what Nnamdi Adim-Madumere can do.
I hope I'm wrong but I'm not expecting much from Nnamdi. He hasn't impressed in drills and scrimmages. Not very quick/fast/athletic, looks like a TE trying to play WR. Brown-Stephens, on the other hand, appears to be a terrific athlete. Wouldn't be surprised if he works his way into the rotation.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm not expecting much from Nnamdi. He hasn't impressed in drills and scrimmages. Not very quick/fast/athletic, looks like a TE trying to play WR. Brown-Stephens, on the other hand, appears to be a terrific athlete. Wouldn't be surprised if he works his way into the rotation.

That would be an interesting situation. Nnamdi not enough to find playing time. He would have been the go to guy 5 years ago. What a talent laden group of people we fans have to look forward to. Exciting future. That being said, I want Nam to achieve and be what his potential can be. Wouldn't hurt if the U is putting 2 or 3 WRs in the NFL every year. I know it's dreaming, but part of me can see it happening.

Top Bottom