House of Pain - Penn St 1999

The '99 PSU game is the Gopher's best win in my lifetime. Not a single MN vs. PSU game goes by without me talking about this game. Thank you for refreshing my memory on this great game once again.

You believe the fans who go to the games and want the team to win for many years are "why we don't win"? Negative vibes from the fans who want the team to win more than two Big Ten games this year are holding us back? How so? Isn't it obvious that any fan wanting a fourth year coach to win three Big Ten games is not really any part of any problem? How could 0-8, 3-5, 3-5 and then 2-6 be OK? Explain. Why not just accept the "wild" thing that was written above, a five win season would not be OK? I will concede that it might depend on which five games were won, but we all know that if we don't beat teams like NIU and SD we will be very lucky to get to five wins. And, that too would not be OK by me. I will leave you with your more "positive" position that 5-7 will be OK.

why would be lucky? cause that's what espn tells you? we haven't played a game and your already thinking we can't beat anyone! you are talking like we are Baylor. we have been an average football team for 20 years. not horrible, not great, but not bad either. 1-11 was tough, but michigan was what 3-9 rich rod's first year? that is michigan, one of the powerhouse programs filled with blue star kids. it happens in coaching changes. I'm objective and positive about this season. the offense has a lot to prove and our secondary is thin. but I love our front 7 and I'm excited as hell to see them. I think our oline will be much improved and weber will have a very good year! I'm not going into the season thinking we have no shot against big 10 comp. I think ohio st will be very good and I think indiana, purdue, and illinois will be very bad. I think wisky and iowa can be beaten and I don't know what to expect out of psu. northwestern is a team I expect to beat. I want 13-0 I realize that's probably not going to happen and am banking on 8-4. which is a nice bowl game.

Who has said we have no chance? I have said I will not be OK with 5-7. Full stop.

Top Bottom