Hot Take - Our offense will be better next year with whoever the QB will be

Do you think we have the caliber of backup right now that is equal to whatever example you come up with?
I don't... although Zack Annexstad did beat out Morgan when the two were going head to head. Morgan did run with the job when Zack was hurt, I will say.

If the Gophers are going to be a running team, though, I think there are at least two better quarterbacks on the team to run that type of offense.

I am more concerned about what this year's team will do.

The Gophers' fortunes will live and die with their Defense. We know what their Offense is capable of.

The Colorado game will show how far along this year's team is.

Iowa and Wisconsin separate themselves from the rest of the Big Ten West with their Defense.

I am excited as the next Gopher fan is for this year. But, the Defense puts a damper.

So far, the Defense seem to run out of gas in the second half. I don't see them making good adjustments.

IMHO, their depth is not as deep after some experienced players transferred out. You need a bunch of players on D to keep them fresh with subs.

The Gophers need to recruit better on Defense. This has to change if they want to be an upper tier Big Ten team.

Last edited:

Considering there will be a massive turnover on the OL, this is likely quite a bit beyond a "hot take". Lots of new faces on the OL next year more than likely, it wouldn't be a surprise to see the Offense take at least a minor step back?
Next year brings a lot more questions than answers.

The OL and D are the prominent ones.

They will be okay on QB, RB, and WR.

If the kickers are back, that is a plus.

This is going to be the longest PJ Fleck is at a school as a head coach.

This is his time to cement his legacy.

Recruiting to next level - can he achieve that here?

Typical Minnesota sports talk. The backup QB is always the most popular person in town.

Top Bottom