Horton or Kill?

sec105

Reaction score
I really think Horton would have been a better hire than Kill and I wasn't for hiring Horton. If Kill is as high as you want to set the bar then why not keep Horton. He certainly is the equal of Kill.

Horton, could have been hired for less and easier for the new administration to overhaul as a result. I also think Horton could've have been a surprise success.

Horton times infinity. 13 LGS meant to type Horton too but pressed the wrong letters on the keyboard. Horton it is.

Horton, hands down. Maturi SUCKS

Hiring a HC is not like to going to the ice cream store with and pick out the flavor of the day. Obviously, our choices were limited to vanilla and chocolate. That is all we had to pick from.

All one has to do is compare Horton and Kills coaching records which makes it an extremely easy choice.

kill hands down.

Horton has not had the success as a HC that Kill has had.

Jerry Kill

Proven loser vs. Proven winner (let me see.....)

Horton. They're both unknown. Horton's shown some promise. Holding what he did 15 years ago in the state of Nevada over his head is a bit silly.

Kill. What's Horton's record as a head coach again?

Even though he was about 5th down on my coaching list the answer is Kill, and it's not close.

Horton. They're both unknown. Horton's shown some promise. Holding what he did 15 years ago in the state of Nevada over his head is a bit silly.

How is Kill an unknown? The guy has won everywhere he has been.

The only question is if he can win in the Big 10. Stay tuned.

Horton. A Horton hire would likely have staved-off transfers, kept the coaching staff intact, and kept the current commits from decomitting. Kill could not have been higher than 8th or 10th on the original wish list. We must have had a lot of people say "No!". I would have taken Michael Haywood from Miami OH who beat Kill on Saturday if we were going the MAC route. He's considered an excellent recruiter, and African-American (Maturi said this was important to consider), and he's coached big-time programs (UT, ND, etc)

HortonNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

I can't believe kill was higher than 15th on the list!

Maybe Kill will keep Horton on as OC. Who is his current OC and would he be coming along? Maybe they'll address that at the press conference.

How is Kill an unknown? The guy has won everywhere he has been.

The only question is if he can win in the Big 10. Stay tuned.

That's basically what I meant. They're both crap shoots with limited upside, IMO. May as well have given Horton a shot.

Horton? Wise up. he was 2-3 this year coaching a team that had no pressure. He could make any decision he wanted and it didn't matter. His last few games showed how easy and fun it can be coaching with no pressure and no fear of losing your job. Do you really think he coaches that way if he were a sitting head coach? Guess again.

Kill is the choice all day, every day.

Isn't Horton something like 6-39 in any year beyond his first with a team?

Is this even a question?

Top Bottom