Hopkins Vs Osseo

Very few Osseo kids are from Osseo, Dower, Anderson, Reynolds and others are all from Brooklyn Park and open enrolled at Osseo.
There you go TubbyTime2009. Funny you never hear about the plethora of other schools that are winning games with transfers.

Pretty difficult to name a successful big class school, in any sport, with 100% of kids having been there K-12 (Jefferson included with the Alipate brothers). Welcome to the reality of OE.

Not to change off the Hopkins-AAU debate too much, but does Royce remind anybody of Carlos Boozer in the way he plays??

He certainly has the build for it and appears to have similar skills. He's already pretty well filled out and even moves like Boozer when he goes up and down the court.

What does everybody think???

Not to change off the Hopkins-AAU debate too much, but does Royce remind anybody of Carlos Boozer in the way he plays??
I'd say similar in some aspects, different in others. I don't think Royce has the jump shot that Boozer consistently hits (but I do believe he has the potential to get there). Or the FT shooting :p

Forever the Contrarian

There are a number of school districts that encapsulate BP, not just Osseo (ie Armstrong, Park Center, Champlin Park, Cooper, Anoka, etc) similar to many areas of Minneapolis.

Exactly. These guys are going to the school WITHIN their district. Kinda like your boy Blake who could have also attended Wayzata or Minnetonka or Benilde St. Margaret's but chose to attend Hopkins (primarily because his mama's brother is the coach).

Maybe someone should start a thread on the benefits of nepotism.

I'd say similar in some aspects, different in others. I don't think Royce has the jump shot that Boozer consistently hits (but I do believe he has the potential to get there). Or the FT shooting :p

As far as his game goes, I tend to agree. He still needs to develop those areas of his game to look more like Boozer (although I'm not saying he's trying to become another Carlos Boozer). I guess what I was eluding to was the physical comparison. Seems like both have similar builds and skill sets at this point in their careers. If Royce can improve on those other areas of his game, he'll look A LOT like Boozer imo. :)

I like how you ignored my post. What would you call Whitney Young then? They're a public school with open enrollment on the West side of Chicago yet Micheal Jordan's son who lives on the Gold Coast plays there even though he lives closer to about 20 high schools.

Save your 'glorified AAU' comments because there are literally hundreds of high schools nationwide with good teams made up of players from other areas. If my son has a lot of talent when he reaches high school I'd much rather him go to a place like Hopkins where he can maximize his potential and have a shot at a scholarship than go to a school with a poor program. That is even more true with football. There are a lot of bad coaches out there and I couldn't handle watching a poor coach waste my kids talent. Now obviously there is a lot more to school than sports but parents send their kids to private schools to be challenged academically so I see nothing wrong with sending them somewhere to be challenged athletically.

There are literally hundreds of HS who use the system and its loopholes....blah blah blah. I guess that makes it right.

Wow - that would be too bad if your son outgrew his community, friends, teachers, etc. so he needed to enroll at an 'All Star' school to best utilize his potential. What a shame if you were unable to relocate for him.

Top Bottom