Hopeful benefit of the Gold Out

pharmacygopher

114 Row 11
Reaction score
Hopefully now more people have gold attire added to their game day repertoire!

IMO gold looks so much better on TV than maroon. It just pops. We've had a severe lack of gold, hopefully more in the stands moving forward

I know this is a mundane thing to worry about in the grand scheme of things but 🤷

Hopefully now more people have gold attire added to their game day repertoire!

IMO gold looks so much better on TV than maroon. It just pops. We've had a severe lack of gold, hopefully more in the stands moving forward

I know this is a mundane thing to worry about in the grand scheme of things but 🤷
actually, you are right on, here. The gold at sunset, in particular, seemed to glow golden on TV. It was really cool, and perhaps the first time a Gopher football crowd pulled off something cool since the win vs. Penn State in 2019.

actually, you are right on, here. The gold at sunset, in particular, seemed to glow golden on TV. It was really cool, and perhaps the first time a Gopher football crowd pulled off something cool since the win vs. Penn State in 2019.

I had a few non-Gopher fans text me exactly this with how good it looked on TV as the sun was setting.

Go Gophers!!

One thing I found odd, the ONLY Gophers not wearing Gold were the Players and Coaches. Why all Maroon? Should have had Gold pants at least.

In general both in life and football unis, I am not a fan of the single color scheme. Steve Harvey is about the only one that can pull off the look.

One thing I found odd, the ONLY Gophers not wearing Gold were the Players and Coaches. Why all Maroon? Should have had Gold pants at least.

In general both in life and football unis, I am not a fan of the single color scheme. Steve Harvey is about the only one that can pull off the look.
tbh, it probably makes play more difficult when you blend in with the surroundings. The team stands out better against the backdrop. PSU wears blue during White Outs.

Steve Harvey? Really?

tbh, it probably makes play more difficult when you blend in with the surroundings. The team stands out better against the backdrop. PSU wears blue during White Outs.
Yeah but, the Nittnay Lions aren't ALL blue. They still sport their traditional white helmets and pants.

Some Gold would be nice. I think the Maroon jersey and Gold pants is their sharpest combo.

I believe we've been told that the players select the uniforms and combos over the season.

To go with that I've heard a conspiracy theory that Coach Fleck does not like gold, and subjects new players to mind conditioning as part of instilling RTB Culture.

One of the 2017 Culture complainers smuggled out this photo...

1693750386767.png

BTW, expected the Full Banana and was pleased with the M on M look for this one.

The fan base has come a long way since the early failed attempts at gold outs.

On Thursday, we entered a restaurant near campus for lunch and the first three Gopher fans I saw were in maroon and I thought “here we go again”. But, thankfully that was a misrepresentation of how it actually went down.
IMG_9181.jpeg

The fan base has come a long way since the early failed attempts at gold outs.

On Thursday, we entered a restaurant near campus for lunch and the first three Gopher fans I saw were in maroon and I thought “here we go again”. But, thankfully that was a misrepresentation of how it actually went down.
View attachment 26717
I think it's a combination of the fanbase buying in and and the promotional efforts of the Athletic Department. Email, social media and regular media got the word out. The barrage of messages, peer pressure and demonstration that it can be pulled off, and there you go.

Whatever messages in years past I think it was nothing more than a scoreboard msg, "Oh by the way, wear marron next week" plus maybe one email.

estimate on # of Nebraska fans? I've heard various people claiming roughly 7,000 to 10,000. the photos I've seen from the game don't seem to bear that out - maybe 5,000 or so - mostly in the upper deck from what I could see.

I thought Nebby would travel pretty good for this one - Rhule's first game and all. but maybe the fan base is a little demoralized after the Frosty era.

estimate on # of Nebraska fans? I've heard various people claiming roughly 7,000 to 10,000. the photos I've seen from the game don't seem to bear that out - maybe 5,000 or so - mostly in the upper deck from what I could see.

I thought Nebby would travel pretty good for this one - Rhule's first game and all. but maybe the fan base is a little demoralized after the Frosty era.

I thought maybe 10-12%, not as much as I expected. Maybe because it was a Thursday game and not Saturday?

One issue with gold attire is that there is very little available in cold weather gear, so early season, warm weather gold out games are the only real option.

Embarrassed to say that I wore my CSE freshman shirt. Maybe I need to add some more gold to my closet :)

Top Bottom