Hope for Brock?

GoBigGoph

Reaction score
Per gophersports.com:

In addition to the six aforementioned student-athletes, Brewster announced that defensive back Tramaine Brock is not enrolled at the University for the Spring semester.

“Tramaine Brock will not be a part of our team this spring,” Brewster said. “But we fully anticipate that he will re-join the team this summer and be a part of our program in the fall.”

Per gophersports.com:

In addition to the six aforementioned student-athletes, Brewster announced that defensive back Tramaine Brock is not enrolled at the University for the Spring semester.

“Tramaine Brock will not be a part of our team this spring,” Brewster said. “But we fully anticipate that he will re-join the team this summer and be a part of our program in the fall.”

What the hell is going on with this guy??!! I hope everything works out for you, Tramaine.

This is weird. What would force Brock to miss an entire semester of football besides grades? If grades is the issue, no way he'll be back. How can he become eligible again if he's not even attending classes (per the U of M web page)?

P.S. How can a junior football player miss entire semester of school and be able to come back and play in the fall? Is that even possible? Maybe, if he was ahead on credits, but I kind of doubt that since he was a JC guy. Maybe someone in the know can explain this a little better.

This is weird. What would force Brock to miss an entire semester of football besides grades? If grades is the issue, no way he'll be back. How can he become eligible again if he's not even attending classes (per the U of M web page)?

Lots of things. Family issues, for one.

Maybe its as simple as family issues that he doesn't want publicized.

Two summer sessions and he can make up the lost credits for this semester. Hope everything works out for you Brock.

The fact that Brewster is "fully anticipating" that Brock will be back with the team for the Fall tells me something else is going here than simply having academic issues.

The most obvious would be that there is some crisis in his personal life that requires his immediate attention. If that is the case, I wish Tramaine and the rest of his family and friends well.:eek:

Per gophersports.com:

“Tramaine Brock will not be a part of our team this spring,” Brewster said. “But we fully anticipate that he will re-join the team this summer and be a part of our program in the fall.”[/QUOTE]

on this one...should we 'fully anticipate' brew's prognostication will be accurate?...:confused::confused:

Dang that really puts a dent into our secondary.

It isn't new news that Brock returned to his Juco in Mississippi for the spring semester. He isn't academically eligible and I don't know the exact rule but he can become eligible through his grades at the Juco (and possibly summer term although I'm not sure the requirement). The team must go on without him and players will compete for jobs in spring as if he won't be there. Hopefully he works his way back for the fall and wins his starting job back but we'll survive without him.

I know Brew gets ripped for being for his "tremendous" positive spirit. He has been right on as far as knowing if kids are going to qualify and when. Obviously, it is up to Brock. I sure hope he makes it back. I love the way he plays.

S Greene, Iowa RB last season, sat out 07 and played in 08. Moved furniture as a PT job and went to JC in 07.

Top Bottom