Hoosiers down to one scholarship QB

Well we did something like that... worked out great really...

So this is about as good a place to post but was talking football with a co worker today and was looking at the schedule. What do we think Indiana will be like this year?

So this is about as good a place to post but was talking football with a co worker today and was looking at the schedule. What do we think Indiana will be like this year?
I think they'll certainly won't be a gimme game. They will be one of the tougher games, but I think they definitely benefited from having few personnel changes (on both the staff and the team) so the lack of Spring ball and altered Fall practice didn't hurt them as much as teams that did have changes (i.e us, Penn State, etc).

Indiana had a bunch of top talent declare early for draft or opt out of "bonus year" of eligibility.

Losing good running back Stevie Scott, very good WR Whop Philyor, Very good db James Johnson, Very good dlineman Jerome Johnson, another dlineman Jovan Swann, good center Crider. Lost good punter.

Getting back a couple of good injured in 2020 defenders in Ball and Layne.

Added dl transfer from Ole Miss, oline transfer from Michigan, and wr transfer from FSU to help fill in.

They lost def coordinator to a head coaching job at South Alabama, but Allen is a def guy. Hired an accomplished coach from Georgia to replace.

Lost RB coach Hart to Harbaugh and alma mater, but got a guy from Chiefs to fill in.

Counting on QB Pennix coming back from ACL...now a backup qb with ACL...

4 star wr, 4 star qb coming in.

They take on Cinci this year in non-con, crossover us and Iowa and Purdue...sort of a nice deal to have Purdue as a permanent crossover.

They took care of business last year beating WI 14-6, MI 38-21, PSU in OT 36-35, MD 27-11, MSU 24-0, and Rutgers....lost close one to OSU 35-42, close one to Ole Miss 20-26.

I felt we should of beat MD and MI, we played WI close. Their Purdue game was cancelled.

Connelly preseason SP has us at 31, Indiana at 27....basically a toss-up...play them in next to last week at their place.

Both Allen and Fleck took over as head coaches in 2017...Allen was DC at IU in 2016.

Last edited:

Good but not top 15 in the country good.

Pennix is good if healthy.

Indiana had a bunch of top talent declare early for draft or opt out of "bonus year" of eligibility.

Losing good running back Stevie Scott, very good WR Whop Philyor, Very good db James Johnson, Very good dlineman Jerome Johnson, another dlineman Jovan Swann, good center Crider. Lost good punter.

Getting back a couple of good injured in 2020 defenders in Ball and Layne.

Added dl transfer from Ole Miss, oline transfer from Michigan, and wr transfer from FSU to help fill in.

They lost def coordinator to a head coaching job at South Alabama, but Allen is a def guy. Hired an accomplished coach from Georgia to replace.

Lost RB coach Hart to Harbaugh and alma mater, but got a guy from Chiefs to fill in.

Counting on QB Pennix coming back from ACL...now a backup qb with ACL...

4 star wr, 4 star qb coming in.

They take on Cinci this year in non-con, crossover us and Iowa and Purdue...sort of a nice deal to have Purdue as a permanent crossover.

They took care of business last year beating WI 14-6, MI 38-21, PSU in OT 36-35, MD 27-11, MSU 24-0, and Rutgers....lost close one to OSU 35-42, close one to Ole Miss 20-26.

I felt we should of beat MD and MI, we played WI close. Their Purdue game was cancelled.

Connelly preseason SP has us at 31, Indiana at 27....basically a toss-up...play them in next to last week at their place.

Both Allen and Fleck took over as head coaches in 2017...Allen was DC at IU in 2016.
Is that true? Is it a permanent crossover for them? Is the BIG doing that for teams? Would Michigan make a good permanent crossover for us so we play for the jug every year? More info on this please.......

Is that true? Is it a permanent crossover for them? Is the BIG doing that for teams? Would Michigan make a good permanent crossover for us so we play for the jug every year? More info on this please.......
If Minnesota and Wisconsin somehow ended up in separate divisions for the foreseeable future going forward, I would damn well demand the Big Ten make them permanent cross-over.

Each school now has three cross-over games. One is a "long term" school, for six years at a time (three home, three away). 2021 will be the end of our first cycle, vs Maryland.

The other two change every year, cycling through the remaining six cross-division teams (total of seven, minus the long term).

They simply will make Purdue and Indiana each other's long term, every time.

Frankly, I would like to see the Big Ten either drop back down to eight conf games, matching the SEC and ACC, or go up to ten conf games.

That would get rid of the uneven conf home/away scheduling.

And it still works out either way with the long term cross-division scheduling.

8 games - you just one one non-long term cross-division, so takes you six years to cycle through the other division instead of three

10 games - you now have three non-long term cross-division, so it only takes you two years to cycle through the other division instead of three

Top Bottom