Home Locker Room to be named in honor of former Nat'l Champ Coach Murray Warmath...

From Play4Brew's flicker photos:

3824046915_bf275eb79a.jpg

I'm just happy something is not named after someone or something who's biggest affilitation with the "U" is a large check. Of course every Gopher fan wants to thank DQ for its donation but the "DQ Club Room" does nothing for me. Compare that do the "Murray Warmath Locker Room" it means so much more to just your average fan

The DQ Club room makes me think of Dairy Queen. Which is what it is supposed to make you think of, of course. But that doesn't exactly conjure up an image of luxury.

The DQ Club room makes me think of Dairy Queen. Which is what it is supposed to make you think of, of course. But that doesn't exactly conjure up an image of luxury.

It makes me think of comfort food and good times which is always the goal of a football game.

It makes me think of comfort food and good times which is always the goal of a football game.

OK maybe I used a bad example in the DQ but point remains the same. Murray, IMO, has left a longer lasting impression on the Gopher's football program than a check with a bunch of zero's. Not say that a couple million dollar donation is appreicated but it just isn't the same.

I like this.

After Murray Warmath, the next big naming in this stadium has to be the Ray Christenson Press Box. Agree?

The name DQ Club room reminds me of the kids play areas for at fast food places. Doesn't exactly strike me as a name for a luxury club for VIPs.

Then again, I have no interest in the VIP room, it doesn't make a lot of sense to hang around some lounge during the game.

Top Bottom