Home grown talent

loki

Reaction score
I accidently started this topic in another thread and tried to erase it but was to late. Regardless, I would like to get input.....

I have heard that 80% of the starting defensive and offensive line's on Wisconsin's team is from Wisconsin. I also heard that 54 players on Iowa's roster are from Iowa, many whom are starters. I think the next MN coach has to be able to develop MN talent whether it is 1 or 2 stars or more much like Wisconsin and Iowa do. Unlike Coach Brewster, our next coach will have to be able to do more with less by finding and developing hidden homegrown talent in order for us to win. Our next coach needs to be great at developng talent, teaching discipline and his system, managing games, being organized, etc... more than being a great recruiter. There are skills that coach Brewster did not have because he was a TE coach at the NFL level and did not have an opportunity to develop them and this also is why he was a poor choice by AD Maturi to be a coach. I have always thought that stars matter and I still do to a point, but I am beginning to think stars are overrated and it is really development of players and other aspects to the game that really matter. Your thoughts....

It helps to have Juniors and Seniors playing Defense instead of Freshman and Sophmores .. I'm guessing WI & IA are playing more upperclassmen than the Gophers. I'm not sure it matters what state they come from.

Top Bottom