Home field and officials

Rog

Reaction score
Watching the Ind - Iowa game and I've never seen such favortism to the home team.

In one word - Indiana is getting SCREWED

i was just going to post the same thing. it is almost embarassing how blatant it is. even the espn guys are shaking their heads at the officials in that game.

best part of the game so far: espn comes back from commerical a few minutes ago and what do they show as a shining example of 21st century iowa? a big ole stinking pig farm full of hogs (iowa chicks)!

ioweeeee HOGEYES! :pig:

TD Reversal

Agreed. The TD reversal was a horrible call. The evidence must be indisputable for a call to be overturned. If its close or inconclusive, the call stands. Indiana got a taste of the horrible decisions B10 officials are making this year.

Yep the calls are all goin to Iowa. That was DEF a TD and that personal foul was sketchy at best. The best part is they cant capitalize on these calls.

This has nothing to do with home field advantage and everything to do with the fact that the Big 10 wants Iowa to win this game. Ask DeltaHog how it works.

With this kind of horrible officiating appearing to be on the rise, is there any chance the NCAA stops letting conferences hire their own officiating crews?

Watching the Ind - Iowa game and I've never seen such favortism to the home team.

In one word - Indiana is getting SCREWED

Its not the home team that matters, its the "favored" team.

Ya the refs did all they can to keep Iowa in the game but it really doesn't matter now because Indiana decided to be Indiana football and choke away the game. I just hope these refs are fired after the game.

Protecting the top dawg of the conference was invested by the ACC and Big East earlier this decade. Now it is clearly being done in the ACC/ Big Ten. OSU last week, Iowa this week, Florida vs. Arkansas, etc.

With there being such a huge fallout for a conference's top team getting upset, don't expect this to change much anytime soon. Conference parity is terrible in modern college football; it has been almost the only reason the Big Ten has gotten a bad rap.

Did you notice how Bob Davies (the "expert" in the booth) said it would definitely be overturned, and then when they didn't overturn, he said what a great job the replay officials do?

Top Bottom