Home Field Advantage Feels SO Good

>'.'<

Gopher
Reaction score
How baller was the atmosphere tonight? The student section was full to the brim and frickin LOUD. And obviously that set the tone for the rest of the stadium. I felt this was probably one of the top 4 loudest games at The Bank. Just very proud to finally feel like we had legit home field advantage.

Great job by the students. They showed up (a bit late but that's normal), stayed until the end and were rocking. Their festive mood also helped the rest of the crowd to get into it more. A full student section can really set the tone for the atmosphere of the game. Let's hope they come back for NW.

Does anyone have a good pic of the student section? I couldn't get the feel for it being in there.

I'm not exactly sure what "How baller" means (I'm over 35) but I assume its a good thing. :) Very good effort by the students. They came late but also stayed late. Most of the gray hairs were streaming to the exits and the students were still rocking. Keep it up!!!

Loudest ever after the int. on the goal line!!!

So much fun... Great atmosphere

I'm not exactly sure what "How baller" means (I'm over 35) but I assume its a good thing. :) Very good effort by the students. They came late but also stayed late. Most of the gray hairs were streaming to the exits and the students were still rocking. Keep it up!!!

And I'm over 60, so I'll just take your lead.:)

Crowd overall came in real late. Then lot of people left early. I enjoy the satisfaction of celebrating with the team at the end and think they need/want/enjoy our support. Once people got into the stadium, crowd was great. Students really did a great job and it was a great atmosphere. How could people not want to come back for more.

Would we have an aggresive marketing campaign like this in the past? Is NT making this happen? No matter what job well done.

Crowd overall came in real late. Then lot of people left early. I enjoy the satisfaction of celebrating with the team at the end and think they need/want/enjoy our support. Once people got into the stadium, crowd was great. Students really did a great job and it was a great atmosphere. How could people not want to come back for more.

Would we have an aggresive marketing campaign like this in the past? Is NT making this happen? No matter what job well done.

What's with the late arriving crowd? It's not just the students ... I just don't get it. To each their own I guess but even at the Vikings the crowd gets rocking for that opening kickoff. Maybe people underestimate the shuttle times. My whole row was empty for the opening int and subsequent posession.

What's with the late arriving crowd? It's not just the students ... I just don't get it. To each their own I guess but even at the Vikings the crowd gets rocking for that opening kickoff. Maybe people underestimate the shuttle times. My whole row was empty for the opening int and subsequent posession.

My group tailgated for 5 hours before the game, so we were around but still got in a few minutes late after it took longer than expected to get packed up. It's not unusual (from other games I've been to on other campuses) for college football crowds to arrive right around kickoff time.

The bottom line is that the crowd was AWESOME last night. It was loud down on the field when Syracuse had the ball and I think it made a difference.

I've now heard from two friends about the ticket prices that scalpers were asking last night. The first friend said that ticket prices were $40. Another girl told me this morning that they were told $70. Anyone else hear this?

I've now heard from two friends about the ticket prices that scalpers were asking last night. The first friend said that ticket prices were $40. Another girl told me this morning that they were told $70. Anyone else hear this?

A bit off thread but since you asked... My brother was trying to buy 2-tix and gave up. The cheapest tix he was offered were $20 over face. The last scalper he saw was still trying to sell tix on the 50-yard line for $70 over face and this was after the 1st quarter had ended. He also saw scalpers high-fiving each other they sold out (apparently they made some money). This was highly unusual and perhaps a sign of things to come if we keep winning.

Back to the thread... The crowd was simply awesome!

Ski-U-Mah and Go Gophers!

Best game atmosphere since the Air Force game. TCF was loud and hopping!!

Best game atmosphere since the Air Force game. TCF was loud and hopping!!

Agreed. I think the loudest I've heard the Bank was the Triplett TD in the Air Force game. But the red-zone INT last night was a close second, and I loved how everyone in the stadium (yes, everyone, even the gray-hairs on the 50 yard line) was standing in the 4th quarter. One of the best atmospheres I've seen for a Gopher game in a long time...and the students were huge in creating that. Let's keep it up, everyone.

Repeating what I mentioned in another thread - our group walked back to the west bank behind a group of Syracuse fans. They said that the stadium was very loud and quite a home field advantage. Can't wait to repeat it for the NW game and beyond.

I wish they could all be night games. Air Force, Michigan State on Halloween, and Syracuse all had 3 things in common.

1. Night Game
2. Great Atmosphere
3. Great Wins

hopefully this solidifies some of the big time recruits we had in last night...!

This is how it is supposed to be. It is just as loud as the dome if you get a full house and everyone is rocking. Go Gophers !!!!!!!

Crowd noise was great last night...

...but had to personally dial it back a bit (from usual) because of a complaint in front of me that I was "hurting their ears" with my volume.

I really disliked dialing back...

Don't want to be a jerk but crowd noise is very important, and volume is something I do have to offer.

Will probably bring earplugs to give away as needed from now on...

Go Gophers! Be Loud! In Kill I Trust!

...but had to personally dial it back a bit (from usual) because of a complaint in front of me that I was "hurting their ears" with my volume.

Don't want to be a jerk but crowd noise is very important, and volume is something I do have to offer.

Next time offer them a set of foam earplugs! they're cheap.

Don't ever dial it back. Crabby Guy scowls at us at least 3-4 times a game because we cheer too loud. Are you kidding me? Oh, and he left with 5 minutes to go.

Top Bottom