Hollins to Minny

Ahhhhh the last couple of weeks have made me feel much better about our team and Tubby's recruiting. We should never question him...in Tubby we TRUST!!!!

Unsure what I think about the two new recruits. Hope Joseph is next.

The names don't look great after all of the top players we were recruiting, but I'm completely fine with these two. I still have high hopes for the last recruit too.

I think both these kids are a bit of a project along with Williams from this years class. But when you think about it...with the exception of a truly gifted point guard or a one and done type wing...who is out there that would start on this team next year?

I think we should love the fact that we have talent 12 deep on our team and layered so we can graduate players and have quality back ups to move up.

I think if we don't get a Joseph type PG this year...we bank the schollie and go after a ready to start PG next year along with a ready to start SG/Wing and we are a perfect team for a one and done that wants to win a Big Ten Championship and be a favorite for final four.

All the peices are lining up if we can catch that last peice. But of course catching that last peice is what we and 15 other teams are trying to do...we shall see.

Regardless I feel that we are a top 20 team this year, next year and beyond.

In Tubby We Trust!

I'll take an NBA coach's son with offers from Memphis and Arkansas. Much more excited about Hollins than I was about Frank Williams.

I expect Hollins to be a high BB IQ player.

Many upsides to this recruit.

As mentioned, he is the son of a coach and that usually equates to good BB smarts. He is a good size for a shooting guard and reports say he has a pretty good outside touch, which one can never have enough.

I think the only downside here is that they say he is very quiet. MN has had a lot of quiet guys lately, they need some verbal leaders out there to organize the troops over the din of an opposing teams fans.

I haven't seen him play but the word is he's got a sweet jumper and really plays smart. I've got a picture of Quincy Lewis in my mind.

The more I read about this kid, the more excited I get. Welcome aboard Austin!!

Rated #132 By Gibbons

Bob Gibbons (All-Star Sports) rates Hollins #132 in 2010 class.

Nice get for Gophers.

I like the last two signings, but it seems like he's filling in the role positions. I still think Tubby needs to land a blue-chipper in this class for it to gain any national attention. We'll all just have to wait and see...

Unsure about Hollins playing time next year....but I expect Eliason to redshirt with Iverson and Sampson.

I like this. A good reputation kid with a pedigree. Likely he redshirts and comes along slowly. Perfect for this class. Same goes for Eliason.

As mentioned, he is the son of a coach and that usually equates to good BB smarts. He is a good size for a shooting guard and reports say he has a pretty good outside touch, which one can never have enough.

I think the only downside here is that they say he is very quiet. MN has had a lot of quiet guys lately, they need some verbal leaders out there to organize the troops over the din of an opposing teams fans.

It does not hurt that he sports a 4.0 GPA. I think he will definitely have good BB smarts. :clap:

While I would like a blue chip player this class....we don't need one to keep the program moving forward. The roster is pretty stacked right now and there is nothing wrong with filling it with solid role players who have potential to become good starters. If we don't land "blue chip" player with the final spot I would expect us to land that type of player next Fall..as there would be more minutes for that player.

Anyway, things are looking too good right now for me to worry if a player is only ranked 130 versus 85. Now a top 25 player..that would be good.

Top Bottom