Hollins talks about Stanford vist

That's a premium article. Anything really noteworthy?

Hollins

He commented favorably on the basketball practice he watched and the academic class he attended. He indicated that his family achieved a "strong comfort level" with the school, which he said was important to him. He said he is going to try to make a decision by the end of this weekend and that he would be relieved to know where he is going. He concluded that "I haven't put everything together yet and I haven't been able to compare my comfort level at each school. I just need to go wherever is the best fit for me."

I think we are still in the running.

Can't believe we are down to only 1 of our early main targets again. At least he's deciding soon.

You really have to respect his process, he's definitely a smart kid...he's stayed even keel and took all his visits, now he is sitting down, weighing his options and making a choice. No games, no talk, no public swaying.

Too many kid's are like Tharpe, committing somewhere, decommitting, then just taking visits while they wait for something better.

I really hope we land Hollins, he looks like a great player and he's the model type of student you'd want too. If he decides to go elsewhere, you definitely have to respect that and I'll still be a fan on his.

Can't believe we are down to only 1 of our early main targets again. At least he's deciding soon.

All 5 Gopher signees in 2008 class were among the Top 7 Or 8 targets that year.

Likewise all 4 Gopher recruits in 2009 class were among Top 7 Or 8 that year.

2 of Gopher signees in 2010 class were top Gopher targets but another top target (C Joseph) was lost.

The Gophers have a commitment from 1 of their top targets in 2011 class already.

An objective review shows the Gophers have been pretty successful landing their top targets in recent classes.

You really have to respect his process, he's definitely a smart kid...he's stayed even keel and took all his visits, now he is sitting down, weighing his options and making a choice. No games, no talk, no public swaying.

Too many kid's are like Tharpe, committing somewhere, decommitting, then just taking visits while they wait for something better.

I really hope we land Hollins, he looks like a great player and he's the model type of student you'd want too. If he decides to go elsewhere, you definitely have to respect that and I'll still be a fan on his.

Not too many kids get a chance to attend Harvard or Stanford (if he chooses one of them).

All 5 Gopher signees in 2008 class were among the Top 7 Or 8 targets that year.

Likewise all 4 Gopher recruits in 2009 class were among Top 7 Or 8 that year.

2 of Gopher signees in 2010 class were top Gopher targets but another top target (C Joseph) was lost.

The Gophers have a commitment from 1 of their top targets in 2011 class already.

An objective review shows the Gophers have been pretty successful landing their top targets in recent classes.

I should have been more clear. I was talking about Point Guards, but didn't say that. Hollins isn't a true PG, but the backcourt after Devoe Joseph leaves is getting very thin.

Looking at it objectively, the first 2 Tubby classes and the 2nd 2 classes to this point don't look to be on the same level. Thankfully, stars don't tell the whole story.

I noticed Scout has Andre Hollins with High Interest in Stanford and Medium for all the other schools he visited. Has it been like that for awhile? I know Stanford seems like the leader, but hadn't really heard it from Hollin's mouth.

I should have been more clear. I was talking about Point Guards, but didn't say that. Hollins isn't a true PG, but the backcourt after Devoe Joseph leaves is getting very thin.

Looking at it objectively, the first 2 Tubby classes and the 2nd 2 classes to this point don't look to be on the same level. Thankfully, stars don't tell the whole story.

Too early to tell on 2010 class. Hollins and Walker should contribute this year. Armelin may, too. Eliason and Osenieks should contribute next year. Ahanmisi, jury is still out on conversion to PG.

Too early to tell on 2010 class. Hollins and Walker should contribute this year. Armelin may, too. Eliason and Osenieks should contribute next year. Ahanmisi, jury is still out on conversion to PG.

It's too early to tell on the 2009 class too. We've seen an up and down freshman year out of Rodney Williams, and we have never seen Mbakwe play. Cobbs, and White are gone.

My point was that on paper, there was a noticeable drop off from the recruiting services rankings. Much of that has to do with the lack of Division 1 talent out of Minnesota the last 2 years.

You've got to mix in some top teir talent with these solid players that we have been recruiting. That's all I'm saying.

It's too early to tell on the 2009 class too. We've seen an up and down freshman year out of Rodney Williams, and we have never seen Mbakwe play. Cobbs, and White are gone.

My point was that on paper, there was a noticeable drop off from the recruiting services rankings. Much of that has to do with the lack of Division 1 talent out of Minnesota the last 2 years.

You've got to mix in some top teir talent with these solid players that we have been recruiting. That's all I'm saying.

You've got to have 25+ W, Big 10 title contender, W in NCAA games, and players making NBA to land top tier recruits.

Tubby did that at Tulsa, Georgia, and Kentucky but NOT YET at Minnesota.

You've got to have 25+ W, Big 10 title contender, W in NCAA games, and players making NBA to land top tier recruits.

Tubby did that at Tulsa, Georgia, and Kentucky but NOT YET at Minnesota.

100 percent agree. That's what makes this year crucial. Win and they will come.

Top Bottom