Hold on to those Season Tickets!

1. There is zero percent chance of a strike. There may (and probably will be) a lockout, but odds of a strike are zero.

2. If the lockout does occur, it will most likely be resolved before any games are lost. It seems bad now, but anyone who follows labor issues knows how this works. The two sides won't sit down and start negotiating until they absolutely have to, i.e. when a deadline for resolution is within reach.

3. If the unlikely scenario occurs, and it actually does come to lost games, the owners will be fine. It was written into the most recent TV deals that the teams will continue to receive full payment from the networks even if zero games are played. In essence, they are financing the lockout, to be repaid when the new CBA is signed. Scabs are also a possibility, but I feel the league doesn't want to go down that road again.

4. People need to come to grips with the fact that an NFL franchise will be in the Cities as long as the NFL exists. If the Vikings leave, they will be quickly replaced by a relocated or expansion franchise. Either option will cost the citizenry far more than nutting up and paying for a stadium now.

I find it very funny that you know more than everyone else about this subject. It's obvious that you have inside knowledge on the NFL and labor relations. The only thing I wanted to do was state the fact that if there is a strike, college football tickets will be more valuable. That's simple supply/demand.

On a side note: Looking at your previous posts, I see that you have a habit of attacking those that don't agree with your opinion. There's a lot I could say about that, but I won't. That's not what we're talking about here.

I will be in favor of whichever party throws out the radical idea of paying for their own place of business instead of holding taxpayers hostage.

Lets not delude ourselves about the fact that the Gophers received state assistance too in building their stadium. The stadium would not have been built with millions in taxpayer money no matter how you classify it as infrastructure or an exchange for polluted swamp land in Rosemount.

Top Bottom