Hohensee

gold04

Reaction score
I told every every that we shoud have gotten Mike Hohensee as our Offensive Coordinator. It Looks like it would have been the correct move.

Who's to say that with this personnel Hohensee wouldn't have been worse? These types of threads are so dumb because there is no way to have any sort of intelligent conversation.

Actually, in defense of Gold04, I don't see how hiring Mike Hohensee could be any
worse that what we have at this point.

Coach "Ho" would have brought a lot of experience from the professional ranks, he
would have brought in experience from actually playing QB in college with the run and
shoot offense, and he would have been a former Gopher that has some ties here and
cares about this university more than a lot of other people. He probably would be a guy
that would stick around here and be loyal to the program while everyone else was just
looking to pad their resume so they could move on. This could be our version of a
Barry Alvarez or Kirk Ferentz who chose to stick around even when other schools offered
more money.

Actually, I will go even one further here and say he had a LOT more head coaching experience
than Brewster did when he was hired and was more qualified for the job than he was.
Although I do not know if I would have hired him to be our head coach, he would have made a
lot of sense as an offensive coordinator or even QB coach. Although we can't be certain,
I bet Weber would be a lot better off with Coach Ho than what we have right now.

I agree pointless thread.

Who is to know....I like some of the things he trying to teach our O.

The results weren't there last week and at times this season. I hope he gets there with Weber and company.

Oh you mean the guy who coaches in the AFL's development league for the Peoria Pirates? Yep, you sure win this round.

No one knows if he would have stuggled like Fisch or worse. I hope you feel better now that you know you were right.

it's true we can't possibly know who would've been a better hire, but i do agree that hohensee would be more likely to stay in the event he would be successful. at the beginning of the year, the star tribune had a feature about fisch and the change from the dunbar spread. the article mentioned how his goal is to be a head coach as soon as possible. obviously i don't have a problem with someone building their career, but when you're trying to have continuity in your staff it's a problem. as we all know, retention in the gopher football coaching staff hasn't been good so why not consider the idea of someone who would've been more likely to stay the long haul.
in the meantime, i hope our offense improves going forward this season. after watching it in person at penn state, i doubt it can get much worse.

I thought before the season that I would have been a great pick for offensive coordinator. Unfortunately, looks like I was right.

Before the season started I thought Favre would be a good pick to be the Vikings QB and as it turns out I was right. I also thought the Dolphins should have Joe Montana instead of Chad Pennington who has the worst QB rating in the NFL this year, turns out I was right again.

I'm rather wary of radical changes to the offense every couple years.

I told every every that we shoud have gotten Mike Hohensee as our Offensive Coordinator. It Looks like it would have been the correct move.

How would telling every every help at all? Is he Maturi's boss?

Fisch has done wonders with Weber. So it turns out he was a good hire

Remember when Gold04 was predicting a 10 win season and was so high on Fish earlier in the year....

He just likes to run his mouth and doesn't really being anything constructive to the conversation....

Which team is he OC for now? The Omaha Beef?

Mike seems to be a great guy, but he really had a one game career for the U (the OSU game), and spent 20+ years in arena football. He already found his niche. Unfortunately, the niche folded.

Top Bottom