Hoffarber....Time to Worry?

hinjon

Reaction score
Ok, so I know for a bit he was 5-15 which we decided wasn't bad, it's just slow for him. Well after missing at least 5 3's tonight (don't know exact number) should we worry?

No

Three tough games shooting does not equal "losing" it.

We were missing lay-ups, Hoff and Joseph and Westbrooke, etc. were missing shots all over and yet we WON! Tubby is a master and thank god for T. Bush tonight!

It's called a shooting slump. It'll average itself out down the road with a hot game or two.

Well after missing at least 5 3's tonight (don't know exact number)
He was 0-4 (one was tipped at the top of the key, so really 0-3). In addition, none of them were really off, just rimmed out.

Tubby told him to keep shooting after he missed the 3rd one; if Tubby keeps him in the for nearly the entire second half and has confidence in him, I do too.

Joseph was 0-3, Nolen was 3-10, Westbrook 1-5 from 3 pt land...should we worry about them? In a word, no.

Busch won this game for us tonight. Where are the Busch/Bashers that want him at the end of the bench? Travis ROCKS!!!!!!!!! And we Gophers got a double again tonight.......

Busch won this game for us tonight. Where are the Busch/Bashers that want him at the end of the bench? Travis ROCKS!!!!!!!!! And we Gophers got a double again tonight.......

Can he keep his scholarship now???????

Don't ask me Skage....Not my department. Just Kudos to the youngster, ok?

With his play does he deserve a scholarship? Yes. Will he have a scholarship? It just doesn't seem possible unless there is significant attrition from the program.

Dr. D - I'm with you - he has earned my respect. The kid has worked hard and achieved meaningful playing time. I like getting top recruits as much as the next person, but I also believe in rewarding loyalty and hard work.
Travis has earned his scholarship and sets a great example of effort that even the more gifted can emulate. Congrats to Mr. Busch and the entire Gopher team. I love the effort and hustle - especially on D!!!!!!!!!!

I think The Hoff is merely going through a slump...I think he entered this season feeling a lot of pressure to be THE scorer and he seems to do better thinking of himself as a 2nd or 3rd option. he'll turn it around; pure shooters cannot lose their touch. it may come and go during rough patches, but its never gone.
fwiw, I think he has stepped up other aspects of his game to compensate for his scoring troubles. most importantly, last year he was a liability on D while this year he hustles and sticks w/ his man.
I think he needs to learn how to create his own shot/shoot of the dribble...he will have more depth to his game once he can work that out.

Ok, so I know for a bit he was 5-15 which we decided wasn't bad, it's just slow for him. Well after missing at least 5 3's tonight (don't know exact number) should we worry?

I had to watch the game on DVR replay - did not see it live. I saw the box score and a few comments on HOFF's slump before I watched the game. I noted 0 points but 26 minutes in the Box Score. When I watched the game I gradually realized that HOFF IMO played a very good game for someone who did not score a point in 26 minutes - he did a lot of things to help the team throughout the game - hustle, energy, moving w/o the ball, defense, diving for loose balls, assists, rebounds etc. I thought he played a very good game.

It would be nice if his shot started falling though.

Top Bottom