Hoff: 5 pts, 3 TOs in 37 minutes

Just to clarify...

Just to clarify it is not my intent to castigate Westy. The points I was trying to make were:

1. Purdue's perimeter dee was pretty darn good.

2. Westy didn't have more success than Blake so should we bench them both?

3. It isnt like we had Quincy Lewis and Trent Tucker riding the pines.

Just to clarify it is not my intent to castigate Westy. The points I was trying to make were:

1. Purdue's perimeter dee was pretty darn good.

2. Westy didn't have more success than Blake so should we bench them both?

3. It isnt like we had Quincy Lewis and Trent Tucker riding the pines.

i agree on all 3.. but i would have liked to see Rodney on the top ( or the side ) of the 2/3.. his length would have bothered the Purdue shooters down the stretch.. yes, his O is lacking.. along with other parts to his game.. FT shooting in the clutch would have been an issue.. but up by 9, I get Hoff off the floor for Rodney and shutdown their shooters.

Totally agree. Not to mention that he gives 110%, seems to have a very high b-ball IQ, seems to be a consummate team player, is not a whiner, is an excellent student and has not ever been in trouble. Now that's the kind of guy I can root for. Oh, and he's one of us too.

exactly. not to mention, IMO, he has yet to cost us a victory in any way. as howeda said, The Hoff is not even in the top 100 reasons we have lost games this season.

GopherJake you forgot to mention the top reason we should root for him: Blake is dreamy! lol

yes, his O is lacking.. along with other parts to his game.. FT shooting in the clutch would have been an issue..
Thank God you aren't coaching this team.

So...despite the fact that he can't shoot, dribble, pass very well, gets pushed around, and looked like a deer in headlights out there...play Rodney over our 2 leading scorers and upperclassmen who have proven themselves in crunch time because he has long arms. Brilliant.

Thank God you aren't coaching this team.

So...despite the fact that he can't shoot, dribble, pass very well, gets pushed around, and looked like a deer in headlights out there...play Rodney over our 2 leading scorers and upperclassmen who have proven themselves in crunch time because he has long arms. Brilliant.

are you talking about Rodney or Hoff last night???..

did you see Rodney go off the dribble to the baseline?? that's once more than Hoff has done all year.

our D failed us down the stretch... hoff can't play D.. what don't you get???

hoff can't play D.. what don't you get???
You obviously didn't read what was written earlier.

Tubby plays Hoffarber BECAUSE he plays D, unlike the other guards at times. That's why he gets clock when the other don't.

There's really no point in getting into a pissing match with you over something seems pretty obvious to most fans on here and the coaching staff, so I'll stop responding.

I'm sure you're a great "baller" as you said in a different thread, but I'll take Tubby's judgment over yours, no offense.

<b>"baller,"</b> did you forget to eat your Cheez-Its today? You seem even more ignorant than normal (which is quite a feat). Oh, and are you off the Bryant Allen bandwagon already? I thought *he* was the one that should be playing instead of Blake? I'm really confused.

Tubby plays Hoffarber BECAUSE he plays D, unlike the other guards at times. That's why he gets clock when the other don't.

wants to play D... and actually playing D are two different things.

Hoff wants to but can't
LW doesn't want to but can.

same result: no D

of course Hoff has heart.... i don't question that..

WHO ELSE WOULD PLAY???? Bostick is worthless, Cobbs gets scared in big games? Who else????

There's really no point in getting into a pissing match with you over something seems pretty obvious to most fans on here and the coaching staff, so I'll stop responding.

I'm sure you're a great "baller" as you said in a different thread, but I'll take Tubby's judgment over yours, no offense.

i guess a loss is a loss... nothing would have changed it.. perfect mix of players.. stick your head deeper into the sand.

it's also the D Hoff doesn't play that never shows up... does he alter shots? does he force turnovers? does he deflect passes? does he stop penetration? no. no. no. no. Hoff does his best to keep his man in front of him all the while telling himself " i still can't believe the U gave me a scholly" ( well, not that bad)... but he should be 'instant offense'.. nothing more. Rodney should have a role of instant D.. nothing more. with lottery talent, i'm amazed that 'tubby's judgement' hasn't even found a five-minute-per-game role for this guy.

i'm done.. don't want the 'troll' or 'whore' label.

<b>"baller,"</b> did you forget to eat your Cheez-Its today? You seem even more ignorant than normal (which is quite a feat). Oh, and are you off the Bryant Allen bandwagon already? I thought *he* was the one that should be playing instead of Blake? I'm really confused.

when Allen hit that 3 the other night, did you choke on a cheez-it while cursing 'baller'? funny.

when Allen hit that 3 the other night, did you choke on a cheez-it while cursing 'baller'? funny.

No, I instantly came over to your side and figured you must be right <b>baller</b>. I mean, now he has 3 points this year. Bench Hoff and play Allen. Good plan, you "whore troll."

I think its pretty well accepted that Allen would get Cobbs minutes if it wasn't for politics that happen in college basketball.

LOL

I think its pretty well accepted that Allen would get Cobbs minutes if it wasn't for politics that happen in college basketball.

Pretty well accepted by who?

This isn't the first time you have dropped this "if it wasn't for politics" meme and then walked away without an explanation.

What the heck are you talking about?

If they want to blanket Hoff and let RS3 got to work, thats fine by me.

Pretty well accepted by who?

This isn't the first time you have dropped this "if it wasn't for politics" meme and then walked away without an explanation.

What the heck are you talking about?

do you really not see it. Cobbs was brought in as the young PG. Could you imagine him bitching to tubby when another freshman PG gets his minutes even though he hasn't been here all year. Tubby sees Allen as Brewsters guy not his. Allen could push the ball up the quart with his speed and change up the game. Plus can cobbs make a jumper????

Brew

do you really not see it. Cobbs was brought in as the young PG. Could you imagine him bitching to tubby when another freshman PG gets his minutes even though he hasn't been here all year. Tubby sees Allen as Brewsters guy not his. Allen could push the ball up the quart with his speed and change up the game. Plus can cobbs make a jumper????

So, Tubby would not play a better PG because another freshman PG would be mad and/or because Allen is a football player?

No, I do not see it nor do I believe it. Tubby wants to win the games not just participate in the games.

But thanks for the explanation.

Can Cobbs make a jumper? Yes, he can make a jumper.

.... He is 19-35 35% from the field. He is 3-16 18% from three point line, and 18-21 85% from the charity stripe.

the rest of the game doesnt matter, the stupid foul in the last minute that he committed that put them up 1 more because of the freethrow lost us the game.

Im about 90% sure they missed that free throw...but it doesn't change the fact it was a dumb foul

So, Tubby would not play a better PG because another freshman PG would be mad and/or because Allen is a football player?

No, I do not see it nor do I believe it. Tubby wants to win the games not just participate in the games.

But thanks for the explanation.

Can Cobbs make a jumper? Yes, he can make a jumper.

.... He is 19-35 35% from the field. He is 3-16 18% from three point line, and 18-21 85% from the charity stripe.

35% is good for you? WOW you must live in LA LA LAND!!

Allen really shouldn't play if he can't tell the difference between the playing surface and a volumetric unit.

Brew

35% is good for you? WOW you must live in LA LA LAND!!

No, I live in Minnesota.

Devoe is 38% and Nolen is 36%. Heck, Lawrence McKenzie shot 34.6% as a junior.

I actually think Cobbs' free throw percentage (85%) is a significant indicator of his future possibilities from the field.

Suggesting a player who we have practically never seen and who has only been with the team for a matter of 6 or 7 weeks should take Cobbs' minutes seems as logical as saying we should sit Blake.

i guess a loss is a loss... nothing would have changed it.. perfect mix of players.. stick your head deeper into the sand.

it's also the D Hoff doesn't play that never shows up... does he alter shots? does he force turnovers? does he deflect passes? does he stop penetration? no. no. no. no. Hoff does his best to keep his man in front of him all the while telling himself " i still can't believe the U gave me a scholly" ( well, not that bad)... but he should be 'instant offense'.. nothing more. Rodney should have a role of instant D.. nothing more. with lottery talent, i'm amazed that 'tubby's judgement' hasn't even found a five-minute-per-game role for this guy.

i'm done.. don't want the 'troll' or 'whore' label.

RW has lottery talent?

RW has lottery talent?

not sure if i'm being jerked here...
but i thiought everyone had see this:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/rodney-williams

Explosive, physical freak type of athlete with great length and an improving game ... Makes highlight reel plays on a regular basis, an absolutely breath taking athlete ... Outside shooting has shown solid development and he shows a promising shooting form ... Very aggressive attacking the rim and is great in the open floor ... A nightmare on back door cuts for ally oops. Also excels at crashing the glass for follow up rebound jams ... Has tremendous length (wingspan in the 7-foot neighborhood) and a great basketball body ... Already has good strength with muscle mass (which is sure to improve) giving him the ability to finish at the rim after contact ... Appears to have grown an inch or two in the past year (from 6'5 to 6'7) ... His offensive game should be able to develop considerably while in at the collegiate level ... Shows a lot of potential defensively with excellent anticipation and a great first step to jump passing lanes and get out for breakaway dunks ... Appears to have a high motor and willingness to be coached and improve ... His upside is considerable

i think i would rather have him defending that game-winner than Hoff.. but i move on.

Devoe is 38% and Nolen is 36%. Heck, Lawrence McKenzie shot 34.6% as a junior..

Where are you pulling these numbers from? McKenzie was .416 FG% and .377 3P% as a junior and .419 FG% and .429 3P% as a senior.

The fact that Devoe can't shoot free-throws, tells me he's never going to be a consistent, good shooter. If Rodney want's more minutes next season, he will be competing more with Devoe then Hoffarber... assuming we have a Al back.

Top Bottom