Hoese Article

LloydChristmas

Section 135
Reaction score
A new article was posted about Jon Hoese in the Strib:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/54878237.html

The hiring of offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch just before the Insight Bowl resulted in a switch from the spread to a multiple-set, pro-style offensive attack and a greater need for a big man in the backfield. That change should create more opportunities for Hoese this season.

Errr... Tim Davis? Nothing like the hometown reporter getting the story incorrect.

I find it hilarious that the writer obviously doesn't get the 'purple haze' reference. His terrible editor obviously doesn't either cuz there's no way that should've made it into the paper

I find it hilarious that the writer obviously doesn't get the 'purple haze' reference. His terrible editor obviously doesn't either cuz there's no way that should've made it into the paper

That also caught me when I was reading... Maybe that was one of those things that should have stayed in the locker room!

Purple haze

I don't get it either.

The story has been updated to say Fisch was hired just after the bowl game.

Dont read too much into that nickname, its just the way his name sounds and nothing else. Plus I think he might own a Jimmy Hendrix shirt.

did i miss something?

i read the article three times and didn't see any reference to purple haze.

"This season, Hoese earned a scholarship. He's also gained a lot of respect in the Gophers locker room."

After that line there was a sentence that said, "His teammates call him 'Purple Haze'." It has apparently also been edited out of the story.

A new article was posted about Jon Hoese in the Strib:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/54878237.html

Errr... Tim Davis? Nothing like the hometown reporter getting the story incorrect.

Yeah that was a Medcalf article. He'll miss some details from time to time as he is the "basketball" guy for the trib.

Youngblood will have week long absenses where you just have to wonder where he is or what he's doing. I mean the Twins beat writers (Joe C and LaVelle) pump out multiple articles a day and never miss a beat. You would expect the same for Gopher Football and it's one writer.

Kool-Aid,

Odds are that Youngblood is working on TCF Bank and season preview stories. Every year it seems that more than just the football writer writes stories.

There has been a story in the paper almost every day since camp began.

Apparently the writers read GH. For those that don't get it 'Purple Haze' is a kind of weed. Marijuana for those who still don't get it. Oh and no, I don't smoke

Top Bottom