Historic bouncebacks versus Iowa

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
Just something I noticed while perusing the history books...
Here are the all-time worst losses versus Iowa and the outcome of the next year's game:

2008: 55 point loss (shutout); the next season ???? :cool:
1983: 51 point loss; the next season a 6 point win :)
1995: 42 point loss; the next season a 19 point loss :(
1959: 33 point loss (shutout); the next season a 37 point win :D
1997: 31 point loss (shutout): the next season a 42 point win :D
1953: a 27 point loss; the next season a 2 point win :)

I know it's 9 months away, but I'm going to start wishing now.

I'd take a repeat of 1997, please.

You mean 1998? 49-7? I was dizzy for the whole day with all the bone spins we did. I will always remember Dyron Russ coming over to us and grabbing the cymbals to play during Battle Hymn.

I'm sorry, I thought that the dates referred to the time the rebound game played. My apologies. Yes 1998.

Not to be a complete fact stickler, but I believe we only beat Iowa by 17 (27-10) in 1960. Iowa was a great team, best in the nation heading into Memorial Stadium that November, and it was an awesome game. But we were destined to be National Champions. So I guess I would choose this year as my favorite Iowa-rivalry turnaround year ;)

PS I might add that beating a number one ranked team in the near future would be awesome (cough)... USC ;)

2T-3DA-LOGOSPIN_Minnesota.gif

Minnesota played very well at Iowa in 07 and was very impressed with your young QB. Hawkeyes play OSU the week before the MN game in 09; not sure but at times that game can result in injuries and affect the next week's performance. MN I believe suffered from OL injuries prior to our game this year. Looking forward to seeing your new facility in 2010.

Top Bottom