Hire Rodriguez if fired?

Section 109 Row 8-Middle
Reaction score
What do you think of that? How strong of a candidate do you think he would be v. Golden, Hoke, Calhoun, etc.?

Dear lord no. We don't need to implode our program for another three years while we install a goofy offense.

Even a goofy offense that works really well? Check the numbers.

Or are you more of a traditionalist? You prefer offenses that you can understand, and you're not that worried if they work or not.

The defense, on the other hand.......

An attractive woman remains attractive even if she's on the rebound. Same goes for good football coaches.

Not nuts about the spread they run and he'd have to learn how to spell "defense," but we could do worse.

We'd have to nuke most of our personnel on offense to get his offense installed. I'm not saying it couldn't work here (we have a potential key cog in Gray) but even Michigan had troubles getting the offense rolling up until this season:

2008: 109th rated
2009: 59th rated
2010: 6th rated

And they had a lot more talent in 2008 on their roster than we will in 2011.

Agreed. Love their offense. And, amazingly, we may have more pieces on defense than Michigan. Note the "may" qualifier, there.

Rich Rod would be great as an offensive coordinator, but he doesn't do enough on defense to win in the Big 10. You don't need defense to win in the Big East. At least not a top tier defense.

NO! You guys are all missing the elephant in the room...RichRod and NCAA investigations at his last two jobs. (WVU & Michigan). I have no interest in the guy. He is slime. If you are going to cheat, you better win. He has not done either well.

We'd have to nuke most of our personnel on offense to get his offense installed. I'm not saying it couldn't work here (we have a potential key cog in Gray) but even Michigan had troubles getting the offense rolling up until this season:

2008: 109th rated
2009: 59th rated
2010: 6th rated

And they had a lot more talent in 2008 on their roster than we will in 2011.

But they did not have one QB who could run in 2008. I would pay money to watch Gray work with Rich Rod. I don't mind watching Denard Robinson run the ball!!!

But they did not have one QB who could run in 2008. I would pay money to watch Gray work with Rich Rod. I don't mind watching Denard Robinson run the ball!!!

Gray almost doesn't seem like the "typical" Rich Rod QB (in that Pat White was 6'1" 192 at WVU, Denard is 6'0" 193, Shaun King 6'0" 221 at Tulane). Gray is 6'4", 230. I definitely think it could work, don't get me wrong, but I always think of smaller, "quicker" guys in the Rich Rod system, rather than larger, long-striders like Gray.

I'd be more worried about our backs and receivers fitting into the system than Gray though.

An attractive woman remains attractive even if she's on the rebound. Same goes for good football coaches.

Not nuts about the spread they run and he'd have to learn how to spell "defense," but we could do worse.

Yeah, but a hot crazy girl is still insane after her previous BF drops her. Even if she's still hot. Dickrod couldn't win in the BT even with the talent SCum has (or had). We've finally gotten back to having a borderline respectable D. Why would you give the keys to a guy, who to use your analogy, couldn't spell Defense if you spotted him all the consonants. "Errr, can I buy a vowel? OK, give me an A"

Our backs are small. Do they fit into our current offense? I'd say they fit better in a spread option attack. As for our receivers......McKnight will fit into any offense, and the rest.........it doesn't matter.

Rodriguez would be a good hire if you can overlook the rule-bending and whatnot.

I'd take RichRod over all the D-List candidates we are hearing about now. Heck I'd take kathy Griffin over most of these clowns.

RichRod would be awesome.

He could bring the 3-3-5 to Minneapolis.

Top Bottom