Hire an assitant band director from Wisconsin?

nemosgold

Reaction score
This isn't meant to be a rip on our marching band, I know you do what your told to do from your directors each week.

Since we've been hiring so many Wisconsin assistants, I was wondering if we could steal a assistant marching band director to infuse some life into our halftime shows at the new stadium.

I know people and band members who read here have said they play simple music but, they march and infuse energy in the crowd. I love watching the band at halftime but 50% of the shows have some slow song that puts me to sleep.

I know there is a lot of turmoil over in Wisconsin for conduct, but I personally have enjoyed watching the Wisconsin Marching Band MARCH at the Dome and Camp Randall.

We don't need an Ass't Band Director from Wisconsin. That F--king "monkey walk" they do makes want to puke. What a dick wad post

I agree, our band is lame, I got ripped for saying it too...

Our band is great, but the show design is holding the band back. The pregame is fantastic one of the best in the country, in concert the band is great, I enjoy the work in the stands, but halftime is the lamest thing in the world 9 out of 10 times. I would like to see the band chair stepping the half time shows like they do for pregame, this is not a drum corp style band it's a big ten band.To be honest if anyone has been in a corp style band (most HS bands) they realize how crappy and lazy the low step fundamentals are that the Gopher band uses.
The drill (shapes on field) is usually awful as well, why would anyone in the audience want to see amorphous shapes rather than something recognizable? "Thriller" was one of the few bright spots this season, but when your band has to resort to dancing rather than playing you know there is a problem. Now you're just the USC band. ugh.

I love the Gopher band when they are doing chair step during pregame, but once the low step and slow music comes out for halftime, it's off to the concession stand for me.

We'll said SKI U MASTER. I'd go to Orchestra Hall if I wanted to see a concert. I'd like to see more action and movement at halftime.

I also agree with the pre-game and I've seen all but NW and Purdue.

We need to create a new band. Brass and percussion only for football and outdooor events...maybe a few saxaphones and larger winds, but not too many.... In the mold of tOSU!

If we hire a band director from Wisconsin

don't the members have to commit sex crimes, become alcoholics, and have sex with animals?
Just a thought.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom