High praise for Kill from Sporting News

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Socrates?

Who would've thought my use of the words "hard copy" would've led to so much nonsense.

Who would've thought my use of the words "hard copy" would've led to so much nonsense.

Commentors on GopherHole at least have a sense of humor to make the comments enjoyable (most of the time). The GH comment boards are not even in the same nonsense universe as the comment sections of the StarTrib BitchBlogs or the comments to Marcus Fuller's Blogs on the Pioneer Press.

Commentors on GopherHole at least have a sense of humor to make the comments enjoyable (most of the time). The GH comment boards are not even in the same nonsense universe as the comment sections of the StarTrib BitchBlogs or the comments to Marcus Fuller's Blogs on the Pioneer Press.

Or even for the MN daily. Holy hell have those people completely lost touch.

There's a reason I don't read the comments, unless they're on KSK or Deadspin, because dat's funny!

I actually feel sorry for several members of this younger generation, not everyone mind you, because that generation is under so much stress that they have no sense of humor.

It could just be that you're not very funny.

Sorry that you guys are old and nobody cares about you anymore. Kids today are so much more advanced than you ever were you have no idea.

One of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Technology has advanced, not kids. There is a little more to being a well rounded person than running a computer and a smart phone.

Most kids today(not all) have little common sense, lack dicipline, have no respect for authority and poor social skills. Can you find one that can give you change without using a computer.

I've employed high school and college age kids all my life and it has gotten much worse not better.

I've employed high school and college age kids all my life and it has gotten much worse not better.

I'm not saying I disagree, but the fact is that while those high school and college age kids stay the same age, you keep getting older. How much of a factor is the increasing disconnect between you and these kids in how "much worse" they are? Perhaps the things that you didn't really notice or weren't bothersome to you 20 years ago are much more noticeable and annoying to you now as you age?

I'm not saying I disagree, but the fact is that while those high school and college age kids stay the same age, you keep getting older. How much of a factor is the increasing disconnect between you and these kids in how "much worse" they are? Perhaps the things that you didn't really notice or weren't bothersome to you 20 years ago are much more noticeable and annoying to you now as you age?[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. The basics don't change.

Like I said, most not all.

The worst was probably 2000 when the unemployment rate was super low, the young ones thought they were doing their employer a favor by working there. Too many of the young ones act like the adults(employers and customers) should adapt to them. Catering to the customer and listening to the employer is kind of beneath them. I could go on but it would be too long winded. Once again not all of them, I've had some very good ones also. Probably the worst part is that the few good employess have more work, responsibility and frustration dumped on them. Try telling those good young employees that kids are much better these days.

Sorry, guess I got long winded.

Edit: I should add that I have been out the the business for the last 5 or 6 years. I have a feeling that some the attitudes may have changed with the higher unemployment rates.

People have been complaining that "kids today" are so much worse than they used to be for thousands of years. They are about like they ever were.

Top Bottom