Hey PA, who wins, Ohio State or Vikings

diefirma

Reaction score
If J. T. Barrett plays then Ohio State wins. For that matter, Oregon would also win. Both teams have more overall speed than the Vikings and, in the case of OSU, are more physical.

If J. T. Barrett plays then Ohio State wins. For that matter, Oregon would also win. Both teams have more overall speed than the Vikings and, in the case of OSU, are more physical.

No, no, no. You're wrong on everything. And it wouldn't even be close.

This is a joke right? The best college team couldn't beat the worst NFL team even if it had a hundred attempts at it.

You realize that the NFL is cherry picked of the best players from each of the 119 college teams and a college roster is picked from the best high school athletes right? this wouldn't even be close. The wr's would be covered like blankets all day for OSU. It's men (the NFL) against boys (college) in this comparison.

Didn't the All American team use to play an exhibition against the suberbowl champs until the 70's. Sometimes the college kids would win?

Didn't the All American team use to play an exhibition against the suberbowl champs until the 70's. Sometimes the college kids would win?

The Chicago College All-Star Game was a pre-season NFL game between the previous year's Super Bowl champ and previous year's best college seniors (rookie NFL players).

Yes, the NFL has better athletes than college teams.

Nebraska and Michigan had better athletes than the Gophers. There is also coaching, discipline and desire. The worst NFL teams have athletes on a par with the best college teams but they don't have the coaching, discipline or desire.

Nebraska and Michigan had better athletes than the Gophers. There is also coaching, discipline and desire. The worst NFL teams have athletes on a par with the best college teams but they don't have the coaching, discipline or desire.

Stop it. You sound ridiculous.

The best college teams have maybe 10 NFL ready players on them. The worst NFL teams have 53.

The best college teams have maybe 10 NFL players on them. The worst NFL teams have 53.
This. Plus the Vikings aren't even close to the worst nfl team. This is stupid.

The best college teams have maybe 10 NFL players on them. The worst NFL teams have 53.

Per class. In the he 2012 LSU-Alabama game, there were 43 draft picks that played in that game. Alabama had 9 first rounders from that team. Not that I believe that either team could beat an NFL team, just a fun fact.

Per class. In the he 2012 LSU-Alabama game, there were 43 draft picks that played in that game. Alabama had 9 first rounders from that team. Not that I believe that either team could beat an NFL team, just a fun fact.

Okay, I'll edit my post to say nfl ready.

If they didn't have the discipline or desire, they wouldn't be playing in the NFL.

I opened this thread expecting it to be a joke based on PA's dumb NDSU vs Minnesota twitter nonsense.

Boy, was I wrong.

The worst NFL teams have athletes on a par with the best college teams.

This is the most preposterous statement ever written on GH. You must be kidding, right?

Who wins, the 1971 Nebraska Cornhuskers or the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers?

That one could be close. I think they changed some of the expansion rules after that horrible expansion season. I think they even took a player in the expansion draft who had already announced he was retiring a few weeks earlier but they didn't know. They scored 125 points all year in 14 games.

Reminded me of some of the many great head Coach John McKay quotes:

- On hearing about kicker Pete Rajecki’s nervousness at playing in front of McKay: “That’s unfortunate, as I plan on attending all the games”.
- At a postgame press conference: “You guys don’t know the difference between a football and a bunch of bananas."
- At the following week’s press conference, after a member of the media left a case of bananas at his door: “You guys don’t know the difference between a football and a Mercedes-Benz."
- On John Brodie’s comment that Steve Spurrier throws one of three passes into the ground: “That’s OK, we’ll just get shorter receivers."
- “We’ve determined that we can’t win at home and we can’t win on the road. What we need is a neutral site."
- “We didn’t block real good, but we made up for it by not tackling."
- When asked how he compared coaching in Tampa to coaching at USC: “It’s a three-hour time difference."
- “Mr. Culverhouse has been a great owner. He hasn’t come to the dressing room yet to give me any suggestions. Well, I need some advice. I called the Baltimore owner, but he was busy”.
-To players planning on staying in Tampa over the offseason: “Stop by my office tomorrow and pick up some fake noses and mustaches so no one recognizes your sorry asses”.
- “We’ll be back. Maybe not in this century, but we’ll be back."
- After the Buccaneers won their first regular season game against the New Orleans Saints during the 1977 season 33–14, McKay mused, "Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."
- He was asked by a reporter after a loss what he thought about the execution of the team’s offense. “I’m in favor of it."

And as putrid as the Bucs were, even they could figure out how to get to a Super Bowl.

I see what you did there.:clap:

Those Tampa Bay quotes are pure gold, GII. Thanks for sharing! Really made me lol pretty hard.

Those Tampa Bay quotes are pure gold, GII. Thanks for sharing! Really made me lol pretty hard.

Ditto...a rare time when the phrase LOL actually did apply! Those were fantastic.

Top Bottom