Hey Doogie, how bout that mediocre Big 10?

Still too afraid, huh? ....at least have the guts if you are going to take personal shots to attach your name.

Ayo D... what is it with the knowing people's real names? In my case, if you ever said that to me I'd say, 'eff a real name, I will meet you in person and say the exact same thing'... but, what are you looking for? Some guy says, 'yeah, my name is Tyrone Johnston' in a post.. are you going to say, 'Oh, OK, thanks'. I don't get it. What would you do with their names if they posted under their real name? Research it? Respect them more? Barely notice while watching the latest Justin Beiber video?

Strange. At any rate, keep spouting your opinion, that's what you do.. you'll get cats that don't like it no matter what you say... technically my advice includes, if I may as someone has no room to give advice on this but will anyway, chill on addressing people by their first names and shorten up the questions -- i.e., hey what do you think about a? i mean, looking at b and c, then checking out a... some people say... x... and some people y. so, what do you think about a? Just ask 'what do you think about a' when relevant.

A message board is here for people to give their opinions, and for people to disagree or agree with them. Nothing wrong with that at all. Getting personally attacked is no fun, and it degrades this board, which is usually fairly good, IMO...

These cheap, personal attacks dont accomplish anything, except people getting in internet pissing matches. Entertaining for a bit, but after 20 posts on it...

Doogie, rock on - your opinion means just as much as anyones on this board, and no more as well. It's too bad though, that it seems that if you post something negative about the program you have to get slammed for it.

A message board is here for people to give their opinions, and for people to disagree or agree with them. Nothing wrong with that at all. Getting personally attacked is no fun, and it degrades this board, which is usually fairly good, IMO...

These cheap, personal attacks dont accomplish anything, except people getting in internet pissing matches. Entertaining for a bit, but after 20 posts on it...

Doogie, rock on - your opinion means just as much as anyones on this board, and no more as well. It's too bad though, that it seems that if you post something negative about the program you have to get slammed for it.

Half agree with you. Most of the posters on here that are disagreeing with what Doogie writes aren't complaining about what he says on here (which is pretty much just asking for all our names), but they are complaining about the vomit that he spews and somehow gets printed in a major newspaper. When that is the case, and he prints rumors of Tubby taking the NC State job if it opens, he should be more openly judged and attacked then regular posters on here.

Half agree with you. Most of the posters on here that are disagreeing with what Doogie writes aren't complaining about what he says on here (which is pretty much just asking for all our names), but they are complaining about the vomit that he spews and somehow gets printed in a major newspaper. When that is the case, and he prints rumors of Tubby taking the NC State job if it opens, he should be more openly judged and attacked then regular posters on here.

Yep - no issue whatsoever about disagreement on his posts, but the childish attacks make this look like a board populated by 12 year olds.

You know, this name thing is a bit unsettling. I'm with the poster who wants to know why it's so darn important and becomes part of the automatic defense system Doogie uses when his work outside the board has been questioned. So you use your name. You don't need to. It was your choice and from where I sit the only good reasons I can see for it are 1) wanting instant expert status when posting or 2) wanting to use this board to make yourself more recognizable as a local media pro. Anonymous is good on a board like this for a lot of reasons. For all you know, FOT is Tubby himself. If we knew that he couldn't say exactly what he wants and we would not respond in an honest manner. FWIW, my advice is give up the quest for posters' names and take what you must have known would be coming when you chose to let everybody know who you are.

Real names? Does Gopherhole's policy encourage people to post their real names on an open forum? Just wondering? If Doogie wants a real name in a PM, that's another thing all together.

Doogie

4th best conference in the country is what I have said for a while, and still believe that, which by the way is pretty goof ... Tom Izzo is fantastic (easily can make the case that he is the best in the country), but it also helped that they didn't have to play a 1, 2, or 3 seed. It's all about match-ups in the tourney.

Sorry, I didn't mean to start a tirade against you. I'm just saying that I disagree with you about the caliber of play in the Big 10. While I don't think it is the best in the country, it is far from mediocre. I also don't understand why every single one of the local medial says it is (mediocre)...my feeling is it is simply another way to take a shot at the Gophers. Until I'm proven wrong, that is what I'm going with because no local media actually supports the Gophers, it's simply not their job, or so they say. It DOES seem to be their job to denegrate the local Div 1 progam, no matter what, however.

I don't understand what your deal is with using real names. Does it really matter? Chances are the name will mean nothing to people on here. Maybe they'll do a little google search and see someone's job. Does using one's real name on here really make them courageous or do anything at all other than make the names on here less interesting?

Still too afraid, huh? When have I ever suggested that working at any radio station makes me above anyone else on here?
Worthless I will give you if you so choose, but uninformed = NO ... I work very hard ... and come on, at least have the guts if you are going to take personal shots to attach your name.

mr doogie

Thank You. I got a good chuckle from your "compliment".
You forgot the little "winkie" emoticon. ;)

Here are my conditions.

Extend "my" invite to Gopher Warrior instead of me. He is far more knowledgable and articulate and would be a superior representative of the GH than I could ever be. I would add nothing to your show. Heck, I don't even know what show you are talking about!
:)

respctfly,
Section201

Mr. Doog,

Respondez s'il vous plait

:)

Top Bottom