Here's a potential dilemma...

CP Gopher

Reaction score
Should the Twins make the World Series they'd host Game 3 on Saturday night, Oct. 30.
Our football squad is hosting Ohio State at the same time.
Baseball obviously won't switch times.
Any chance football would?

If we make the World Series, I'll be watching that. I can tivo OSU beating us by 40

That'll be tough, as I just can't see NOT going to the OSU game. But I'll be tracking closely the Twins, that's for sure.

In A Word

Should the Twins make the World Series they'd host Game 3 on Saturday night, Oct. 30.

Nope.

My love for the Twins is 1B just below the Gophers @ 1A. That said, I have tix for the Gophers, and won't have them for the Twins.

I am SOOOOOOO glad the days of the Gophers getting "bumped" are just a fading memory of a sad episode.

And I HOPE this scenario comes to pass - meaning the Twins are playing in the World Series !!!

No dilemma here. Twins all the way in that scenario. Getting whopped by OSU happens almost every year.

The Twins are 14-18 against the AL East... they will have to improve upon that quickly if they are going to be playing on October 30th.

They also have the best record in baseball. Sour grapes because your Cubbies are struggling...again?

The Twins are 14-18 against the AL East... they will have to improve upon that quickly if they are going to be playing on October 30th.

Most of those games were back in June or before. The Twins are playing much better now than June/early July. They did go into Tampa and win 2 out of 4 in July.

Sorry, but that is a ridiculous question. We no longer have to cater to the professional teams, and our game with Ohio State has been scheduled for a prime time national telecast since early summer. Besides, given the Twins' history against the Yankees, the odds are not in their favor of playing on 10/30.

But in case they do, I seem to recall the Wild and Timberwolves hosting playoff games simultaneously in the past. We all lived.

Multi-sport homer, eh?

I guess. Been going to games of both regularly since the days of The Met and the Brickhouse.
I wish they'd move football to the daytime if this happens, but if they don't I'll definitely be at TCF.

This is why God made radios - so you can listen to your favorite baseball team while you are watching your favorite football team.

No.

There is a 25% chance the Twins will play that night. There is a 100% chance the Gophers are playing that night. We won't know about the Twins status until October 24.

No chance the football game gets moved.

...and if you would rather watch a sporting event on TV than attend one: we don't need you, we won't miss you.

There will be too many people making trips to Minneapolis for this game to change the game time. That doesn't even take into account the fact that ABC/ESPN has all of the control on the start time and they won't change the kickoff.

You can purchase a portable TV from Best Buy for about $100. Further, they can put the game on certain tvs in the concourse.

Won't be a big deal in the end because I doubt most of you want to watch the Yankees/Phillies.

I think you're hatcheting your counts before they've chickened. Twins have to avoid their annual tradition of laying down for the NYY before this becomes an issue.

Speaking of following games in the stadium, I am one of the unfortunate people that bought an iPhone and now can't get a data connection at TCF. Anyone have any new info on why this is? Iterestingly I couldn't even get one in the car until I crossed the river.

Does sprint still work?

Speaking of following games in the stadium, I am one of the unfortunate people that bought an iPhone and now can't get a data connection at TCF. Anyone have any new info on why this is? Iterestingly I couldn't even get one in the car until I crossed the river.

Does sprint still work?

There are just too many people with phones using the data plans at the same time. I had some success with my Verizon phone last year. I have an HTC Evo on Sprint now, and I have similar troubles with 3g data in the stadium, but the 4g data coverage works well (probably because there are very few devices using it right now).

I don't use my phone much in the stadium. I usually save it for when I need to watch a replay and they aren't showing it on the big screen, then I fire up my slingbox.

I always say, "when life hands you delemmas, you should make delemmon aide." I say that alot.

Does sprint still work?

No, I have Sprint and can't check anything on my phone during the game.

I have a netbook with a TV tuner and I don't see anything in the fan guide saying it would not be allowed in the stadium. Watching football live with baseball on TV could be kind of fun.

I have a netbook with a TV tuner and I don't see anything in the fan guide saying it would not be allowed in the stadium. Watching football live with baseball on TV could be kind of fun.

If the Twins would advance to the World Series I will be purchasing a small, portable TV and that is exactly what I will be doing.

Top Bottom