Here is why the media in MN sucks (my last post on this board)

The-Real-Truth

Reaction score
This is in response to Jim Souhan's article:

I am writing my last post by just stating a few facts not speculations (something that memebers of media do very well around here). Some of you are good fans and stand behind your team during good or bad time. Some of you just like to win at any cost. The 2nd group are the type of people whom I stayed away all my life becuase I can't trust them. We had 2 good wins last week. All the great fans came back here and got excited about the team and its players. Those who only wish to win did not show up until the team lost to Dayton and TM was injured. As a person who has gone through so much in life, let me tell you life is not always about winning. Sometimes, you have to lose before you can win. Now, back to my original topic:

Jim Souhan you are retard because:
Players impact:
1. Gophers killed MSU in Indy 2 years ago because Allen was out
2. Gophers killed Purdue in Indy because RH was out
3. Gophers killed OSU at the barn because Turner was not 100%
4. Wisky was about to have a bad season when JL injured his wrist
Therefore, individual players do change the season for a team
Recruiting:
Harrison Barns was the number one player in the country when taken by UNC. All these average players in our roster were able to shut him down last year. Other teams do take these average players. Who wouldn't want to have Mr. basketball from states of Nebraska, TN, and MN in their roster not to mention Oto from EU? Only stupid people like you Jim. These are all young players. This team is about to become very good if people like you and those fans that I mentioned stay away.
Tubby's salary:
Yes, he does make a lot. What does he do? He fills up the Barn for 4 years. He brings millions to this state to help the poor. Jim, do you even know what that means?

I have so much to say here but I am getting tired. I will support these kids even if the season turns out to be 0-18.

Go Gophers and make us proud

Speaking of Harrison Barnes, his family LOVED tubby smith. He was absolutely considering MN, the number 1 recruit. Now I know he didn't land him, but name a different MN coach who could get even consideration from the number 1 recruit from outside of MN?

Re: my last post on this board

Speaking for everyone on this forum, we hope that is the case.

Souhan's article is spot on. Tubby has has not had the success we envisioned. He will likely have the same tourney appearances/wins as Monson. And at a much higher cost; not to mention the million pissed away on Jimmy Williams.

Speaking for everyone on this forum, we hope that is the case.

Souhan's article is spot on. Tubby has has not had the success we envisioned. He will likely have the same tourney appearances/wins as Monson. And at a much higher cost; not to mention the million pissed away on Jimmy Williams.

He already has more tourney appearances than Monson.

I am writing my last post by just stating a few facts not speculations (something that memebers of media do very well around here). Some of you are good fans and stand behind your team during good or bad time. Some of you just like to win at any cost. The 2nd group are the type of people whom I stayed away all my life becuase I can't trust them. We had 2 good wins last week. All the great fans came back here and got excited about the team and its players. Those who only wish to win did not show up until the team lost to Dayton and TM was injured. As a person who has gone through so much in life, let me tell you life is not always about winning. Sometimes, you have to lose before you can win. Now, back to my original topic:

Players impact:
Recruiting:
Harrison Barns was the number one player in the country when taken by UNC. All these average players in our roster were able to shut him down last year. Other teams do take these average players. Who wouldn't want to have Mr. basketball from states of Nebraska, TN, and MN in their roster not to mention Oto from EU? Only stupid people like you Jim. These are all young players. This team is about to become very good if people like you and those fans that I mentioned stay away.Tubby's salary:
Yes, he does make a lot. What does he do? He fills up the Barn for 4 years. He brings millions to this state to help the poor. Jim, do you even know what that means?

I have so much to say here but I am getting tired. I will support these kids even if the season turns out to be 0-18.

so the coaching staff and the players on the roster have nothing to do with the success or lack of success of the team. it all depends on the media and the fans you don't like.

Wait, you're rebutting Souhan's remarks by calling him a retard?

Taking the high road, I see.

I will support these kids even if the season turns out to be 0-18.

+1
I think I speak for myself when I say that didn't mind your posts. There are several dozen members of this board I would rather see leave than you.

I immediately disregarded everything this guy said after the "retard" comment. No class, no class

Souhan's article was a piece of *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#. If you read it carefully you would realize that WHAT HAPPENED was exactly NOT what Souhan was bitching about. In fact, at the very end, Souhan himself says that Tubby didn't make any excuses in his press conference. So what the hell was Souhan bitching about? Stuff that Tubby didn't even say!?

Players impact:
Recruiting:
Harrison Barns was the number one player in the country when taken by UNC. All these average players in our roster were able to shut him down last year. Other teams do take these average players. Who wouldn't want to have Mr. basketball from states of Nebraska, TN, and MN in their roster not to mention Oto from EU? Only stupid people like you Jim. These are all young players. This team is about to become very good if people like you and those fans that I mentioned stay away.
Tubby's salary:

At least one factual error: The Gophers didn't kill MSU in Indy.

Nobody is denying that losing one player can impact a team. What Souhan is (correctly IMHO) saying is that losing one player should not take Tubby's team to the type of 6-12 season they experienced last year. There should be enough talent on Tubby's team in year 5 to safely make the NCAA tournament without Trevor Mbakwe. Tubby certainly was not hired to finish in the second half of the Big Ten and not win NCAA tournament games. Lets see where the year takes us, hopefully Tubby takes this group to the tournament and give us legitimate reason to expect much more in 2012.

Nobody is denying that losing one player can impact a team. What Souhan is (correctly IMHO) saying is that losing one player should not take Tubby's team to the type of 6-12 season they experienced last year. There should be enough talent on Tubby's team in year 5 to safely make the NCAA tournament without Trevor Mbakwe. Tubby certainly was not hired to finish in the second half of the Big Ten and not win NCAA tournament games. Lets see where the year takes us, hopefully Tubby takes this group to the tournament and give us legitimate reason to expect much more in 2012.

Yep. Well-stated.

We did not lose one player, we lost three, Mo Walker, Devoe Joseph, and Al Nolen. I'll admit that Walker's injury shouldn't have, and didn't, derail the season. If either Nolen hadn't gotten injured, or Devoe hadn't transferred, we likely wouldn't have been in such a bind.

Imagine the same situation this year: Mbakwe doesn't get hurt, Eliason goes down, Welch transfers at the beginning of conference play, and Andre Hollins gets a season ending injury. Oh, and even Maverick decides to transfer in April, requiring the recruiting of yet another spring recruit to take his place.

The loss of Nolen did not kill us last year. The loss of Devoe didn't either. Both of them together did. Cobbs' spring transfer certainly didn't help either.

EDIT The Real Truth, if you do leave, I will miss your posts. I liked how you would always be optimistic and look for the good things with this team. It was always refreshing to read after reading posts bashing Tubby for unfortunate circumstances beyond his control and going on about how Gopher player X wouldn't start for most D2 teams.

Top Bottom