Here are the 5 biggest 'Trap games' of the 2021 B1G season (Ohio State at Minnesota, September 2)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Spenser:

Ohio State @ Minnesota (Sept. 2)

If there’s a trap game on Ohio State’s schedule, it’s Minnesota in Week 1. The Buckeyes will be breaking in a new quarterback when they face Minnesota at TCF Bank Stadium on the opening Thursday night of the season.

Minnesota has the talent to grind clock and PJ Fleck will have the Gophers ready to go for this game. Ohio State likely won’t be vulnerable to this kind of game later in the season after establishing new starters for players like Justin Fields, Wyatt Davis, Pete Werner and Shaun Wade. But early on in the year? It’s at least possible someone could take down the Buckeyes.

Go Gophers!!

If we beat OSU, where do you think we'd be ranked? Top 15?
Around 15 probabbly makes sense. Usually takes more than one big win for a non traditionally ranked team to break the top 10 and such. Just week 1 so rankings are weird / hard to rank.

I'm not sure I've ever seen any U policy not to.
Oh I can guarantee there is a policy somewhere about fans not leaving the stands. Whether or not they choose to listen to that policy is a whole nother story. :)

Long way to go till that moment though. This is a dangerous game for Ohio State. The Gophers have nothing to lose and everything to gain if they can pull off the upset.

Oh I can guarantee there is a policy somewhere about fans not leaving the stands. Whether or not they choose to listen to that policy is a whole nother story. :)

Long way to go till that moment though. This is a dangerous game for Ohio State. The Gophers have nothing to lose and everything to gain if they can pull off the upset.
Well I mean yeah if you run out there during the game they'll maybe toss you ...

But I'm not even sure that is a "policy."

Of all places the SEC actually has a policy about when it is appropriate to runsh the field. They've actually issued several fines for it.

Heck, I bet Prez' Joan will be jumping from the Executive Suites if this transpires...

Will we even be able to field a team after all of the career-ending practice injuries we are going to have in camp?
Plus none of the no-star players are coming back. More to come. PJ is not the same coach as we see in TV. He also have hair back in training facilities.

What are we going to think when MN beats Ohio state and Ohio state and MN are both 9-2 but Ohio state is ranked 5th and Minnesota is ranked 11th

What are we going to think when MN beats Ohio state and Ohio state and MN are both 9-2 but Ohio state is ranked 5th and Minnesota is ranked 11th
Would anyone be surprised?

I'm becomming concerned we're going to get too focused on Ohio St. and not be prepared for Miami (OH)....

I'm becomming concerned we're going to get too focused on Ohio St. and not be prepared for Miami (OH)....
That will be a big concern the day after the Ohio state game

I am glad Ohio state is game one not game two though. For that reason and because they replace so much.

Depends, are we about to have a rematch in the B1G Championship game?

Maybe Ohio State will claim Covid and the game will have to be delayed.

Will we be allowed to rush the field ?
I think it would be wrong not to...after a security guard flattened a couple fans (after the Iowa win in 2010?) The U has been much more relaxed about it. Plus it will be on National TV so...

High cliche count in this post...👍

Considering the U didn't release anything discouraging a field rush had we beat Wisconsin, I can't imagine they're making any effort to prevent it. Though I will say the student section was not designed to easily rush the field which does likely cause a headache from the crowd management side of things.

Considering the U didn't release anything discouraging a field rush had we beat Wisconsin, I can't imagine they're making any effort to prevent it. Though I will say the student section was not designed to easily rush the field which does likely cause a headache from the crowd management side of things.
And be careful....many of us learned after the PSU game that the walls are higher than they look!

Top Bottom