Henry Brooks offers

GoldenHerbs

Reaction score
Just looked him up on Rivals has Minny and Tennessee as only two schools of interest, but I noticed he only had 3 offers, the other from Pennsylvania. I remember looking at his profile a few weeks ago and he had offers from Gtown, Maryland, Xavier, Harvard, Nwstrn and some others I cant remember. So did these schools pull the offers or was he never really offered?? Kind of weird.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/basketball/recruiting/player-Henry-Brooks-73362

Just looked him up on Rivals has Minny and Tennessee as only two schools of interest, but I noticed he only had 3 offers, the other from Pennsylvania. I remember looking at his profile a few weeks ago and he had offers from Gtown, Maryland, Xavier, Harvard, Nwstrn and some others I cant remember. So did these schools pull the offers or was he never really offered?? Kind of weird.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/basketball/recruiting/player-Henry-Brooks-73362

Any news about this kid since TN might not be one of his choices any more?

Go Gophers

Any news about this kid since TN might not be one of his choices any more?

Go Gophers

Technically we don't have a scholarship open at the moment. I don't think anything official can happen with him until we do?

I would think (just guessing) that he could give a verbal without us technically having an open scholarship. He wouldn't officially sign for about a month so we would have that time to figure it out.

Technically we don't have a scholarship open at the moment. I don't think anything official can happen with him until we do?

Technically we do have a scholarship open at the moment. If we actually did not, we still could have another kid commit.

Gopher Warrior,

How is it that we still have a scholarship available?

No. Technically, the Big Ten allows its schools to oversign by 1 to protect against players leaving "early" for the pros. So you can officially add a player even if you would project to have 14 rather than 13 scholarship players next season.

Gopher Warrior,

How is it that we still have a scholarship available?

Sorry -- I was playing with the word 'technically' (i.e., technically we have lots of scholarships available -- they are one year scholarships... and, our most recent commit (Welch) is just a verbal at this point in time)... but -- as to what I think your question is after, if we gave a scholarship to all players who might return this fall and were on scholarship this past year, and to the three commits who are expected to join the program, and the 2011-12 year begins, then at that point we'd have no additional scholarships available.

Nonetheless, it is possible to have more commits than scholarships 'available' and does happen (i.e., there is no hold on anything happening with another prospective recruit due to our current roster/scholarship position).

GW

Sorry -- I was playing with the word 'technically' (i.e., technically we have lots of scholarships available -- they are one year scholarships... and, our most recent commit (Welch) is just a verbal at this point in time)... but -- as to what I think your question is after, if we gave a scholarship to all players who might return this fall and were on scholarship this past year, and to the three commits who are expected to join the program, and the 2011-12 year begins, then at that point we'd have no additional scholarships available.

Nonetheless, it is possible to have more commits than scholarships 'available' and does happen (i.e., there is no hold on anything happening with another prospective recruit due to our current roster/scholarship position).

First, congrats on the big win yesterday.

Second, regarding the scholarhips, can't we reuse the scholarship we saved via Mo's Medical Redshirt?

;)

Brooks suffered an injury in the semifinals of the state tourny and I think alot of schools are waiting to see how serious it is.

Top Bottom