Henderson

Dr.Gopher

Reaction score
Henderson was interviewed during the Prep Bowl last night. He agreed with all the people that think he is a great player. As for his recuitment, he wants to play with other players like himself (great?) and win championships. This seems to point to USC or OSU? This is not how I would describe the Gopher program. I hope my deduction is wrong. Landing him would be a big plus for the Gopher program.

Henderson was interviewed during the Prep Bowl last night. He agreed with all the people that think he is a great player. As for his recuitment, he wants to play with other players like himself (great?) and win championships. This seems to point to USC or OSU? This is not how I would describe the Gopher program. I hope my deduction is wrong. Landing him would be a big plus for the Gopher program.

he isnt coming. he doesnt want to play for a program that boos after the first and every other incomplete pass. he thinks our fanbase is a joke! i dont blame him for how negative and irrational and loud the small group that will continue to hurt the program are!

he isnt coming. he doesnt want to play for a program that boos after the first and every other incomplete pass. he thinks our fanbase is a joke! i dont blame him for how negative and irrational and loud the small group that will continue to hurt the program are!

The negative posters here can take some blame too. He'll never get booed or ripped on the internet at USC or OSU.

Wonder if he was at the OSU game where they booed Terrelle Pryor for 4 quarters.

Grow up.

When was the last time anyone booed an offensive lineman? Most of the crowd doesn't even know their names.

Tubby Needs a Big Man

Tubby needs a big body to crash the glass. Come to Minnesota, big fellow. You could be the next Julius Peppers.

What athlete says anything different? I've never heard someone say "I wanna play for a second rate program filled with players that don't try hard because they are hungover from last nights parties."

When was the last time anyone booed an offensive lineman? Most of the crowd doesn't even know their names.

Obviously you're oblivious to the negative sentiment of the Gophers OL, especially those targeting Wills. Wills father even posted a thread to defend him here. Everyone is targeted at some point.

Obviously you're oblivious to the negative sentiment of the Gophers OL, especially those targeting Wills. Wills father even posted a thread to defend him here. Everyone is targeted at some point.

I'm fully aware, but we're not talking about message board fodder. That stuff happens everywhere and probably more so at schools like USC and OSU. Something tells me Henderson won't need his daddy defending him ;)

What athlete says anything different? I've never heard someone say "I wanna play for a second rate program filled with players that don't try hard because they are hungover from last nights parties."

F'ing exactly.

I watched most of the EP CDH game last nite, and was not as impressed as I expected. He is big and strong, but no where near ready to play as a Fr. in college. Will be interesting to see how he does against someone close to his size. Maybe in 2-3 yrs. he will be a force in college???? Was more impressed with Gjere (sp)

He would pancake a defender half his size and then that same defender would get up and make the tackle. He is big and strong and athletic but he doesn't seem to have a killer instinct. He sure didn't impress on defense but he says he likes to block. I would not weep if we don't get him. I'd rather have Jimmy anyway.

I watched most of the EP CDH game last nite, and was not as impressed as I expected. He is big and strong, but no where near ready to play as a Fr. in college. Will be interesting to see how he does against someone close to his size. Maybe in 2-3 yrs. he will be a force in college???? Was more impressed with Gjere (sp)

I am a Cretin guy (so I am biased), but I have seen Seantrel and Gjere both play probably 5 times, and I am way more impressed with Seantrel. I thought he looked dominant last night, and that was against the best defense in the entire state. He is so dominant, that if you watched EP last night, they essentially forfeited every battle with Seantrel. Their D-Linemen (who were dominant against everyone else this year), essentially just made a pile at the point of contact to avoid getting driven back. I am not saying you don't know what you are talking about, I am fully open to just saying..."well I guess we've seen different things", however, when you are watching high school lineman (especially when they are going against DL who are just making piles), the main things you need to watch are how quickly he gets off the ball (Seantrel was the fastest on CDH or EP), how quickly he gets to the second level, and how he finishes off his blocks. Well the finishing off his blocks is what didn't always show through last night, but it is nearly impossible to do that against a team making piles.

As for the guy who said that the negativity of this board and the fans will drive him to tOSU or USC...are you serious?

You know the entire stadium was booing Pryor this season (probably harder than we booed Weber), and countless fans were calling for Tressel's head. (They had a big segment about this on ESPN). There was probably more fervor to get rid of Tressel in the middle of this year as there is here for getting rid of Brewster. He won't be escaping anything at tOSU.

He also won't get around any critcism at USC.

You HAVE to be joking...this is the most idiotic statement i've ever seen on this board, and I've been here a long time. He's not coming here because we booed??/ Really? wow, what insight! Maybe it's because the program is going nowhere, or the players aren't being coached properly, or he wants to contend for a national championship...but because the crowd booed?? I don't think so.

could be a little issue of boredom for him not displaying the "killer instinct"...i remember watching mbakwe in high school and he was pretty lazy and just trying to dunk it, but when i saw him on tubby's tip off he had that drive for sure...he'll change once he gets to college

I also noticed during last night's game that he was not as aggressive at finishing blocks as he could be. One play in particular he pulled left from the right side, made a very nice block to open the hole, but then his guy came back and made the tackle. He very easily could have pancaked the guy but seemed to let up. I am sure wherever he goes his o-line coach will make sure that he puts those guys on the ground.

On defense he was usually the first guy off the line and quickly into the backfield, but EP always ran away from him. All in all, you could tell that EP wanted nothing to do with him

I also noticed during last night's game that he was not as aggressive at finishing blocks as he could be. One play in particular he pulled left from the right side, made a very nice block to open the hole, but then his guy came back and made the tackle. He very easily could have pancaked the guy but seemed to let up. I am sure wherever he goes his o-line coach will make sure that he puts those guys on the ground.

On defense he was usually the first guy off the line and quickly into the backfield, but EP always ran away from him. All in all, you could tell that EP wanted nothing to do with him

And EP coaches offensive and defensive lineman as good as any school in the country (i'm not saying they have as much talent as schools in Texas and Cali). My point is that these same Dlineman and offensive lineman that were thouroughly overmatched by Henderson, have been dominating everyone else all year.

Has Seantrel given any indication as to when he's going to commit to a school?

You hit the nail on the head sir. Our fanbase does not deserve a winner.
Its hard to believe how stupid most of these people that go to the games are.
My question is why do they even go?
Brewster has this team headed in the right direction. Anyone who doesn't see this is a complete idiot.

Ahhh

Something tells me he is a underdog type of guy. A guy who wants to make a difference. A guy who wants to beat USC or OSU or Michigan or Florida....... For you analysts out there talking out of your lower orifice about aggressiveness and his killer instinct being unimpressive, its called boredom. He is absolutely a monster player that we want.

The funny thing to me in this whole conversation is that Henderson cares about what people put on the boards - maybe I am completely out of my mind, but I'm pretty sure a senior in HS worries more about his buddies, an occasional girlfriend and trying to figure out what school is going to give him the best package - not what a bunch of passionate fans who are desperately success for their favorite football team. At least at this point, I can't believe he cares - of course, I have been wrong MANY times before.

Fanbase is part of the package and ours is in the bottom ten in the nation.

You're right Lavender Pride!

Fanbase is part of the package and ours is in the bottom ten in the nation.

Bottom 10:
1) Eastern Michigan
2) San Jose State
3) Western Kentucky
4) Florida Atlantic
5) Akron
6) Minnesota

Yep, that's right! :rolleyes:

The fan base sucks because the team has sucked for the last 60 years, what do you expect?! Nothing to get excited for except new stadium, and that will not last long if we keep losing.

The fan base sucks because the team has sucked for the last 60 years, what do you expect?! Nothing to get excited for except new stadium, and that will not last long if we keep losing.

Your negativity will not help our program at all. There will be brighter days. Stay positive and change your signature.

Our fan base is better than Indiana-Northwestern-Illinois for sure. Purdue maybe? Mich. State is better but not that much. That is hardly top ten for worst fan base. This is only my opinion, but I just don't buy how bad we are as fans when you really look around. Yes, the student support sucks and could get better, but our fans that show-up every game are hardcore to still be at it after so little success.

You hit the nail on the head sir. Our fanbase does not deserve a winner.
Its hard to believe how stupid most of these people that go to the games are.
My question is why do they even go?
Brewster has this team headed in the right direction. Anyone who doesn't see this is a complete idiot.

Were you sober when you wrote this?:rolleyes: If yes, you should wait until you get into high school before posting here.

By Big Ten/SEC standards, we need to improve and grow our fanbase. Right now we're Oregon State. We need to get to point, over the long term, where we have the kind of support that Washington has.

Top Bottom