Henderson/USC/ND

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
I realize the gophers haven't looked as great as we all had hoped they would this year. That being said, Notre Dame and USC are both having down years. I think this may help our cause some what for Henderson. It's looking more and more likely that Charlie Weis will be ousted at the end of the year. USC no longer looks like the unstoppable team of the PAC-10. They have had some ugly losses this year and don't appear to be a lock for the Rose Bowl for the next few years like they have been.

So basically do you think the down year of these two super programs will be enough to convince Henderson to stay home and be the king of Minnesota football? I don't think it can hurt, I mean if USC or ND were rolling towards a National Championship appearance, I don't think we'd have any shot of keeping him.

Given the absolutely ridiculous year after year recruiting USC does I have a feeling this is an exception for the program, not a forthcoming trend.

Hopefully the lure of immediate playing time will keep him instate. That's our best shot imo.

USC is finding out that you do not win with a true freshman at QB. They won't be down long.

And Oklahoma, the powerhouse from the Big Twelve he was considering, is projected by some to play the Gophers in the Insight Bowl.

Top Bottom