Henderson Goes Under The Knife

Wahoo McDaniel

Reaction score
From the Pioneer Press: "Cretin-Derham Hall grad Seantrel Henderson underwent back surgery last week, according to multiple media reports, and it's uncertain whether the 6-8, 345-pound University of Miami sophomore offensive lineman will be able to play this season."

Spine surgery is tough no matter who you are. I work in the health care field (24 years) and have been involved with many people who have undergone neurologic surgery for their back problems. If Henderson plays this year it will be a minor miracle and he may not be able to play again. The dreamride for NFL dollars might be over?

From the Pioneer Press: "Cretin-Derham Hall grad Seantrel Henderson underwent back surgery last week, according to multiple media reports, and it's uncertain whether the 6-8, 345-pound University of Miami sophomore offensive lineman will be able to play this season."

Spine surgery is tough no matter who you are... If Henderson plays this year it will be a minor miracle and he may not be able to play again...

What a terrible thing to happen to a kid who has NFL potential. I wish him the best. Does anyone know the nature of his back injury?

Didn't Campion also have a back issue which required surgery?

Spine surgery is tough no matter who you are. I work in the health care field (24 years) and have been involved with many people who have undergone neurologic surgery for their back problems. If Henderson plays this year it will be a minor miracle and he may not be able to play again. The dreamride for NFL dollars might be over?

It all depends what type back surgery he has and the surgery location (cervical, thoracic, lumbar, or sacral) along the spine. Some back surgeries are easier to heal then others. What he has going for him is that he is young so healing potential is there, but what he has against him is that weight of his bearing on that spine.

Yes, his football career may be over, but if he's determined and his neurosurgeon don't F up, then I bet he will be back. Shoot, maybe back to MN!?

Top Bottom