Henderson and McKinnie

Reaction score
From Shooter's PP column today.

— Vikings' 6-foot-8, 350-pound offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie, a University of Miami alumnus, plans to work with 6-8, 350-pound Miami freshman offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson from St. Paul this offseason.

"I have some ideas I learned through experience," McKinnie said. "I never really had anybody to show me what to do. Everything I learned, I had to learn on my own. (Henderson) is young, but he's got a great upside. And he's my size already as a freshman. I wasn't even my size as a freshman — I was 6-8, but I was like 250 pounds. I was slim."

So, is it wrong of me to hope that Mr. McKinnie teaches Mr. Henderson to get the least out of his abilities on the field? Perhaps he can teach him about being a responsible adult, after all he has that pro bowl experience and that arrest after being in a fight outside of a nightclub to go on. This thing is a match made in heaven.

In fairness, i wanted him to play for us. After seeing his recruiting and committment fiasco, along with his meddling father, i am glad he went elsewhere.

— Vikings' 6-foot-8, 350-pound offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie, a University of Miami alumnus, plans to work with 6-8, 350-pound Miami freshman offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson from St. Paul this offseason.

"I have some ideas I learned through experience," McKinnie said. "I never really had anybody to show me what to do. Everything I learned, I had to learn on my own. (Henderson) is young, but he's got a great upside. And he's my size already as a freshman. I wasn't even my size as a freshman — I was 6-8, but I was like 250 pounds. I was slim."

So, is it wrong of me to hope that Mr. McKinnie teaches Mr. Henderson to get the least out of his abilities on the field? Perhaps he can teach him about being a responsible adult, after all he has that pro bowl experience and that arrest after being in a fight outside of a nightclub to go on. This thing is a match made in heaven.

In fairness, i wanted him to play for us. After seeing his recruiting and committment fiasco, along with his meddling father, i am glad he went elsewhere.

I wonder if Henderson will learn how to best avoid speed rushers so that they crush your QB every play?

I can't believe how much I hear this. Are you saying you honestly would not have wanted Seantrel to end up playing here?

B.M.

Bryant certainly is humble. :rolleyes:

I can't believe how much I hear this. Are you saying you honestly would not have wanted Seantrel to end up playing here?

Yeah, the Seantrel hate is a little odd. I still see comparisons of him to WLA and that is flat out absurd.

Seantrel Henderson had a fantastic season last year. According to scout, he had 15 pancakes and graded out at close to 90% (as a true freshman). The only sack he gave up was to a guy who is going to be picked in the top 10 in the NFL draft this season (Bowers from Clemson).

I hope McKinnie shows him the ropes on a boat cruise as well.

"I have some ideas I learned through experience," McKinnie said. "I never really had anybody to show me what to do. Everything I learned, I had to learn on my own.

This is what I found odd about the quote. Bryant thinks he never had anybody to show him what to do? Everything he learned was self taught?

Does this mean Miami didn't have the budget for an offensive line coach or an offensive coordinator while he was there?

I would have loved for Seantrel to come here, BTW. Even with the meddling father. It looks like Seantrel made the right choice in avoiding the time bomb that was Brewster.

I wanted him to come here. I feel that his signing day antics were over the top.

I felt that his committment to USC was stupid, given that he could have waited until the NCAA sanctioned USC and still gone anywhere in the country. He was the #1 prospect that year, any school in the counrty would have held 2 scholarships for him and whichever of his pals wanted to ride the pine with him at whatever college he wanted.

I felt that he never had any intention of coming to Minnesota, yet he sure loved the free tickets, VIP treatment, and local pub.

I felt that his father, who i see as a total mooch- showing up late in his son's life AFTER it was apparent his kid had talent, was completely in it for his own personal benefit. Remember this guy's aspiring rap career? I wonder how that's going for him?

In the end, he sure would have helped the Gophers. He didnt want to come, and usually I'm completely fine with that and wish people luck after they choose to go elsewhere. The caveat to that is once they choose to go elsewhere, I dont care any longer (Binns, Ashley, Floyd, Gilreath, etc). This guy and his family just struck me as golddiggers or too good for us. Their actions just pissed me off.

Have You Watched McKinney??? He better not show SH how to pass block or they will run out of QB'S at Miami. The mount must be made of teflon,cause everybody slides right by. The most overrated and paid OT in the NFL.

This is what I found odd about the quote. Bryant thinks he never had anybody to show him what to do? Everything he learned was self taught?

Does this mean Miami didn't have the budget for an offensive line coach or an offensive coordinator while he was there?

I would have loved for Seantrel to come here, BTW. Even with the meddling father. It looks like Seantrel made the right choice in avoiding the time bomb that was Brewster.

Pretty sure Bryant was referring to learning his freshman year, McKinnie was a Lackawanna product like Wills and we know how raw he was last year. Miami's coordinator when he got there is an oc in the NFL now so he obviously got some coaching.

Pretty sure Bryant was referring to learning his freshman year, McKinnie was a Lackawanna product like Wills and we know how raw he was last year. Miami's coordinator when he got there is an oc in the NFL now so he obviously got some coaching.

Good point! I learned that he was at Lackawanna when I saw that picture with Wills...but forgot after that. It's amazing how a talent like that flew under the radar.

I do think he was exaggerating a little bit and patting himself on the back, though.

Top Bottom