Help! Streaming app for todays game

I use this one when I’m traveling. My YouTubetv app won’t allow remote viewing when I’m away from home. Do others not have this problem with yttv?
Try downloading the Fox Sports app and then when it asks you to sign in with your provider, you can use your YTTV account. Might be a workaround?

You might have to search for "YouTube TV" if it doesn't show up on the provider list at first.

I use this one when I’m traveling. My YouTubetv app won’t allow remote viewing when I’m away from home. Do others not have this problem with yttv?

I'm in Europe on a family trip, so I'm hoping the above option will work. I don't believe you can access the Fox Sports App from out of the country. If anyone has any other good free streaming options, please share. All the good ones I shared with friends last year are shite now.

I'm in Europe on a family trip, so I'm hoping the above option will work. I don't believe you can access the Fox Sports App from out of the country. If anyone has any other good free streaming options, please share. All the good ones I shared with friends last year are shite now.
You can download Proton VPN which is a free VPN service, and see if you can access your fox sports app through that. There is typically a USA option. This free service only offers 3 locations to connect.

Dofu sports app works out of the country

Ugh. I have 3 TVs in my basement. 1 with a cable box, the other2 with a Roku stick. Never had issues until 2 days ago using the Xfinity app. Now it glitches out about every 2 minutes.

After lots of reading, it appears to be a common problem and the Xfinity suggestion of delete, system reset, reinstall doesn’t do jack.

Frustrating.

Try downloading the Fox Sports app and then when it asks you to sign in with your provider, you can use your YTTV account. Might be a workaround?

You might have to search for "YouTube TV" if it doesn't show up on the provider list at first.
Thanks but I’d like to use yttv in general, not just for Fox Sports or games. like to know if it works for others traveling.

I travel quite a bit and have never had location problems with YouTube TV on my phone or laptop. I also bring an Apple TV with HDMI and ethernet cables. If the WiFi is slow, many hotel rooms still have an Ethernet port and most TVs have an HDMI port. It’s nice to watch whatever I want on the TV.

I travel quite a bit and have never had location problems with YouTube TV on my phone or laptop. I also bring an Apple TV with HDMI and ethernet cables. If the WiFi is slow, many hotel rooms still have an Ethernet port and most TVs have an HDMI port. It’s nice to watch whatever I want on the TV.
Same here. I've never had problems using it while traveling, but it can tell I'm out of my home area so it adjusts to local blackout restrictions and local broadcast schedule for sports.

I had my settings set in a way that kept me from using it on my ipad. Reset that and works now! Thanks!

I had my settings set in a way that kept me from using it on my ipad. Reset that and works now! Thanks!
Glad you found what was wrong so you can watch the game. Go Gophers!

I posted the wrong link, sorry! Try stream east.live

Ugh. I have 3 TVs in my basement. 1 with a cable box, the other2 with a Roku stick. Never had issues until 2 days ago using the Xfinity app. Now it glitches out about every 2 minutes.

After lots of reading, it appears to be a common problem and the Xfinity suggestion of delete, system reset, reinstall doesn’t do jack.

Frustrating.
Cable companies don't want people to access their Live TV content through other HW.

They made millions of dollars in nearly pure profit by forcing people to pay fees for renting cable boxes.

They want you to be frustrated and give up, call them up and be like "ah, what's another $10/month for two more cable boxes, send em out".

The sooner that a combination of fiber optic and 5G internet access plus streaming services like YouTubeTV, Hulu Live, etc. puts traditional Cable TV out of business, the better off we all will be.

There will still for some time be a lot of people who can't get that level of ISP, I understand. But for those folks, there will be Satellite TV, which always has and always will require rental of proprietary HW.

Top Bottom