Help me on seat selection options & parking question

Donovan

Reaction score
I'm on the wait list and pick next Monday later morning. By the time my turn comes, my choices will be diminished a bit, but I'm crossing my fingers. How would you rate these five seat choices:

A. Sec 101 approx row 20
B. Sec 246 approx row 15
C. Sec 205 approx row 10
D. Sec 218 approx row 18
E. Sec 236 approx row 27

http://stadium.gophersports.com/stadium_map.html

Are many people choosing the State Fair Grounds lot? Will there be shuttles running throughout the game? Is it about a ten minute ride? Does anybody know how many parking spots are left in the Washington Ave and Church St ramps?

thanks!

I'm on the wait list and pick next Monday later morning. By the time my turn comes, my choices will be diminished a bit, but I'm crossing my fingers. How would you rate these five seat choices:

A. Sec 101 approx row 20
B. Sec 246 approx row 15
C. Sec 205 approx row 10
D. Sec 218 approx row 18
E. Sec 236 approx row 27

http://stadium.gophersports.com/stadium_map.html

Are many people choosing the State Fair Grounds lot? Will there be shuttles running throughout the game? Is it about a ten minute ride? Does anybody know how many parking spots are left in the Washington Ave and Church St ramps?

thanks!

i would go with section 218 or 236 - a better view of the large scoreboard if that matters to you. as far as parking.....do it big time and pony up for a close by lots/ramp.....i mean you only live once right?! ;)

Tough call Donavon as peeps have different criteria. Me? I wouldn't choose any of them.

Sec 231 Row 16 or so as I really like the end zone view. My #1 seat would be Sec 226 or 225 Row 1 right between the posts but that is in the student sections.

If the large scoreboard view is important, forget Sec 101, 105, 201-205 as they have limited or no view. Secs 201-206 & 215-218 upper are for visiting teams &215-218 will be in line with the sun.

Shuttles will be running to TCF as in the past this time from the Fairground lots.

I may park there but my first choice will be off street parking off University Ave east of TCF and hoof it and spend my pre & post game around the stadium. My neice lives in that area so that should be a good launching pad for us. If the weather is crappy, I will grab the Univ. Ave bus.

This is the order I would go with and why:
1) Sec 246 approx row 15: I'm partial to this section as its where I am. It's low hassle since its near a gate. You get a good angle on the field and not too terrible an angle on the scoreboard (the U lists this section as no view but if the angle is like what is in the virtual views online, it won't be too tight to see. To be safe you should get seats as close to 244 as possible though. Also, you are by the plaza which I think will be a great place to meet/hang with folks before the game when you arrive or during halftime. Also, you aren't at the back of the section which means less walking for food/bathrooms (an important consideration if you plan to be tipsy).
2) Sec 236 approx row 27: Still a pretty good angle to the field with definite view of the scoreboard. You'd have to walk all the way up/down though. You also have a close view of the small scoreboard. I think you may also be under the edge of the press box (good or bad depending your opinion).
3) Sec 205 approx row 10: Scoreboard view (albeit over your right shoulder). Pretty close to the field for my taste.
4) Sec 101 approx row 20: Better angle on the field of the lower level seats you list, no angle to the stadium, easy in easy out.
5) Sec 218 approx row 18: Practically next to the Badger fans (the visitor seats start in row 25).

I don't think anyone knows the timing of the shuttles. It should be a 10-15 minute trip. Wash Ramp has 560 left as of now. Church St. has 172 left. You should be able to go here to create a login so that you can see the virtual seating views, see what seats are available in real time, and check parking. If you have troubles just call the ticket office and they should be able to hook you up.

Just out of curiosity, what number were you on the waitlist?

Just out of curiosity, what number were you on the waitlist?

I'm # 72. I'm all registered and have been looking at the interactive stadium map each day this week.

Thanks for all the opinions on the seat choices. This is actually going to be pretty tough! I understand the hair pulling by all of you who've already got seats.

Shuttle

I'm not sure of the number of shuttles and how often they will run but once they start moving there is no reason it shoud take longer than 5 minutes to take the trip. A couple of months ago I took the shuttle between the campuses just to check this out myself. It is a route that is only open to busses and emergency vehicles. Ther are no stop signs and only one stop light. We hit the light red on the way over and it took five minutes. On the way back we hit the light green and it took four minutes. It drops you off right in front of the stadioum and should avoid most if not all the traffic.

I'm not sure of the number of shuttles and how often they will run but once they start moving there is no reason it shoud take longer than 5 minutes to take the trip. A couple of months ago I took the shuttle between the campuses just to check this out myself. It is a route that is only open to busses and emergency vehicles. Ther are no stop signs and only one stop light. We hit the light red on the way over and it took five minutes. On the way back we hit the light green and it took four minutes. It drops you off right in front of the stadioum and should avoid most if not all the traffic.

I'm assuming the State Fair Lot will be open for parking even if you don't have a season pass (along with tailgating ability). I'm wondering what the cost will be. The season parking pass is $70/7 games, you'd think there would be some discount if you did this, which means the cost would need to be more that $10/game.

I'm assuming the State Fair Lot will be open for parking even if you don't have a season pass (along with tailgating ability). I'm wondering what the cost will be.

Correct. The STP lots will be the only U lots opened to same day parking. No idea on cost.

Top Bottom