Hawkeyes Wire: Big Ten Football: Predictions for every Big Ten team's record in 2023

MisterGopher

Reaction score

Minnesota Golden Gophers​

USATSI_19417302.jpg

Matt Krohn-USA TODAY Sports
Record prediction: 8-4
Wins: Nebraska, Eastern Michigan, Northwestern, Louisiana, Michigan State, Illinois, at Purdue, Wisconsin
Losses: at North Carolina, Michigan, at Iowa, at Ohio State
For the first time in eternities, Minnesota will have a new quarterback after the Tanner Morgan-era. How good can Athan Kaliakmanis be? Surrounded by Chris Autman-Bell, WR, and Brevyn Spann-Ford, TE, he has weapons.
The Gophers do have a tough road slate of games at UNC, at Iowa, and at Ohio State, along with a home game against Michigan. They will likely be underdogs in those matchups.

Of course they predict a loss to Iowa, but at least they aren't acting like Rhule or Fickell are gonna suddenly turn around Nebraska or Wisconsin in the first year.
He did still predict wisconsin to finish ahead of us so there's that!

Of course they predict a loss to Iowa, but at least they aren't acting like Rhule or Fickell are gonna suddenly turn around Nebraska or Wisconsin in the first year.
Just like GH predicting MN to beat Nebraska

I think 8-4 is the best we can hope for. Lose one out of Neb, Wis, Ill and it's 7-5. Or lose one clunker game. I think 7-5 is more likely than 9-3, so 8-4 is a bit optimistic to me. Nevertheless, in the past several years, I've thought "well, we MIGHT win," before every game whereas a few years ago I entered many games with no hope for a win.

completely respect this prediction especially from an Iowa fan. Same prediction I gave us on my big ten standings.

I’m predicting 8-4 this year, maybe even 7-5 but it is pretty consistent that I am offended when anyone outside of MN predicts anything worse than 10-2.

UNC and Iowa are very winnable games, Michigan and Ohio State are not. Could actually see the Gophs beating Iowa and losing to Wisconsin this year.

Top Bottom