Hawk Central ranks Phillip Nelson 12 out of 12 B10 QB Preview

Oh my God. You've got that piece of dung at Illinois, with the triple turds at Iowa, and the mud pit at Wisconsin and Purdue, and the disaster at PSU ahead of Nelson. Wow, he's a perfeshunal writer. Go Hawks! Prison or bust!

the snap of B miller is a good one tho and i don't recall the jersey # on OSU being so nice. the 5 looks great!

Talk about some home cookin' on the rankings. I guess he didn't have the heart to put the Hawks at #12. Nelson is in the bottom half, but the Hawkeyes have nothing at the position.

I hope the coaches post all these prognostications on the team bulletin board. These ought to light a fire in the bellies. Kill and company are getting no respect by the B1G Press.

Oh my God. You've got that piece of dung at Illinois, with the triple turds at Iowa, and the mud pit at Wisconsin and Purdue, and the disaster at PSU ahead of Nelson. Wow, he's a perfeshunal writer. Go Hawks! Prison or bust!

+1

FYI, these are rankings of The Des Moines Register, not Hawk Central.

With all of the unflattering projections/rankings, be it the football team finishing last in the division, the basketball team finishing last in the conference, or these stupid QB rankings, there is one way to shut the writers up and make them look stupid, and its on the field. Count me among those who hope these are all getting posted on the team bulleting board.

What is interesting is how weak the qb position across the conference. Top 3 are good but Gardiner #4? A guy who didn't play until November of last year? Basically 4-12 are all the same.

What is interesting is how weak the qb position across the conference. Top 3 are good but Gardiner #4? A guy who didn't play until November of last year? Basically 4-12 are all the same.

Half the teams don't even know who their QB will be yet.

The Big Ten has been very weak on QBs almost every year for quite some time now. Adam Weber was 2nd-team All-Conference, for Pete's sake.

We are the Rodney Dangerfield of the B1G. No Respect Ever.

Dave's Report.

Any category, ioweeeeeee 12th.

The Big Ten has been very weak on QBs almost every year for quite some time now. Adam Weber was 2nd-team All-Conference, for Pete's sake.

Haters gonna hate. Weber had the misfortune of playing in that hopeless brewball system and playing for a different offensive coordinator every year. There was too little support. All the kids on the team suffered from brewsteritis and the dummying down of the Gopher Coaching Staff.

Adam Weber did as well as any quarterback could have possibly done all things considered. But, as I stated: you haters are going to hate...It was the horrendous coaching situation brought on by that failed, extended, fired and bought out in mid-season Brewster character and the pair of administrators who brought him to the U. What a SAD chapter in Golden Gopher Football. Adam Weber was handed the ball for four seasons...I was always damn proud of Adam Weber during that brewball period.

; 0 )

Haters gonna hate. Weber had the misfortune of playing in that hopeless brewball system and playing for a different offensive coordinator every year. There was too little support. All the kids on the team suffered from brewsteritis and the dummying down of the Gopher Coaching Staff.

Adam Weber did as well as any quarterback could have possibly done all things considered. But, as I stated: you haters are going to hate...It was the horrendous coaching situation brought on by that failed, extended, fired and bought out in mid-season Brewster character and the pair of administrators who brought him to the U. What a SAD chapter in Golden Gopher Football. Adam Weber was handed the ball for four seasons...I was always damn proud of Adam Weber during that brewball period.

; 0 )

IMHO, this is exactly what a large number of GH'ers do not understand.

relax.

the rankings are of the position of QB, not the individual QBs...

minnie is 12th because we have no backup if Nelson goes down.. at least no blue-chipper..

relax.

the rankings are of the position of QB, not the individual QBs...

What the hell does the red mean? absolute dpodoll award worthy statement, dboy.

minnie is 12th because we have no backup if Nelson goes down.. at least no blue-chipper..

Uh, ok. Name a team in the B1G that does.

i actually would be fine with Nelson at 11th, worse then everybody except Iowa, all of the following QB's i would take over Nelson given what we know from last year, maybe at the end of this year he may be considered better but from what we saw last year i would take the following over Nelson

Braxton, Heisman contender, nuff said
Martinez, passed for nearly 3,000 yards and rushed for 1,000
Devin gardner, passed for over 1,000 yards in only 5 games i believe
Kain Colter, passed for almost 900 yards, similar to nelson but rushed for nearly 900 as well, shared time at QB with Siemian
Trevor Siemian, passed for over 1300 yards
Andrew Maxwell, threw for over 2,600 yards
Christian Hackenburg, #1 QB recruit in the nation, has Bill Obrien coaching him
Nathan Scheelhaase, passed for over 1,300 yards, rushed for over 300, not great but still better then Nelson, passed for over 2,000 yards and rushed for over 800 the previous year
Cameron Coffman, passed for over 2,700 yards
Jole stave, passed for over 1,100 yards while starting only a few games
Robert Marve, passed for 1,700 yards last year starting about half the games i believe

i would only take Nelson over the Iowa QB's right now and he could be better then Stave, Marve, Scheelhaase, and maybe Siemian at the end of the season considering he only played 7 games last year, overall i don't have a problem with this ranking as there are 11 returning big ten QB's who had more passing yards then Nelson last year

How many BIG teams have their O line returning intact, with the 2nd line returning intact????

i actually would be fine with Nelson at 11th, worse then everybody except Iowa, all of the following QB's i would take over Nelson given what we know from last year, maybe at the end of this year he may be considered better but from what we saw last year i would take the following over Nelson

Braxton, Heisman contender, nuff said
Martinez, passed for nearly 3,000 yards and rushed for 1,000
Devin gardner, passed for over 1,000 yards in only 5 games i believe
Kain Colter, passed for almost 900 yards, similar to nelson but rushed for nearly 900 as well, shared time at QB with Siemian
Trevor Siemian, passed for over 1300 yards
Andrew Maxwell, threw for over 2,600 yards
Christian Hackenburg, #1 QB recruit in the nation, has Bill Obrien coaching him
Nathan Scheelhaase, passed for over 1,300 yards, rushed for over 300, not great but still better then Nelson, passed for over 2,000 yards and rushed for over 800 the previous year
Cameron Coffman, passed for over 2,700 yards
Jole stave, passed for over 1,100 yards while starting only a few games
Robert Marve, passed for 1,700 yards last year starting about half the games i believe

i would only take Nelson over the Iowa QB's right now and he could be better then Stave, Marve, Scheelhaase, and maybe Siemian at the end of the season considering he only played 7 games last year, overall i don't have a problem with this ranking as there are 11 returning big ten QB's who had more passing yards then Nelson last year

Robert Marve graduated. He was a 6th year Senior last year so I don't think he'll be back :cool:

Purdue's QB as of right now is 5th year Sr. Rob Henry who started a handful of games back in 2010 (including W over Gophers) before missing all of 2011 with an ACL injury and then getting a few snaps last year in certain formations. I'm lukewarm about Henry since he's really not much of a threat throwing the ball. He's pretty athletic so it's likely he will lead the team in carries if he stays healthy.

Purdue has 2 Freshman gunslingers on the roster who made the Elite 11 - and a 3rd coming next year that almost won it this year in David Blough. RS-Fr. Austin Appleby and true Frosh Danny Etling. This is going to be a lost season given the ridiculous schedule so I'm hoping these Freshman get some playing time for the future. Starting the season on the road vs. a decent Big East team (Cincy) and then 3 of the next 4 vs. teams that played in a BCS bowl and the Boilers will likely be 1-7 when November rolls around.

Top Bottom