Having a "heater" at TCF Stadium

GopherJack

Reaction score
A friend of mine (and season ticket holder) was always able to go outside the dome (in a caged in area) and have his smokes. I don't believe he will be able to do that now at TCF.....right? Is there any smoking at all on the grounds of the stadium?

A friend of mine (and season ticket holder) was always able to go outside the dome (in a caged in area) and have his smokes. I don't believe he will be able to do that now at TCF.....right? Is there any smoking at all on the grounds of the stadium?

I'm not sure about the stadium grounds right now, however the U is evaluating the idea of going smoke-free campus-wide sometime down the road. While many smaller campuses have already done that, the scale of doing it at the U would be pretty massive.

In any case, your friend should quit. While not easy, it would solve the problem for him.

I know there is no smoking inside the gates, but I am guessing you can smoke out in the plaza and around the stadium. I think I read somewhere that there will be no re-admittance for any reason including smoking during the game.

I know there is no smoking inside the gates, but I am guessing you can smoke out in the plaza and around the stadium. I think I read somewhere that there will be no re-admittance for any reason including smoking during the game.

This would make sense. You have to completely exit the Metrodome now to smoke (though there is re-admittance), as opposed to when you could just do it at the gate.

I remember at the spring game hearing over the load speaker, "Remember, NO SMOKING in the stadium. I assume that to mean, once you are in no more smokes.

I remember at the spring game hearing over the load speaker, "Remember, NO SMOKING in the stadium. I assume that to mean, once you are in no more smokes.

...and St. Thomas' policy has what to do with TCF?

My "friend" used to drink a whole bunch of beers in the metrodome. Can I still do that at TCF?

Northwestern's Ryan Field has the same policy as the dome, step outside the gates, puff away, and you can come back in. Doesn't seem right for those that want to have a smoke can't come back in....at the point you leave your seat, come back, use the tinkler, grab another beer/hot dog, and get to your seat it's a 30 minute route anyway.

start dipping

Thats the only solution unfortunately for smokers. I enjoyed going out at halftime for the banter. The metrodome still allows one to go outside in the gated area.

Ive been to quite a few college stadiums and they all had a designated smoking area. Not gonna lie im disappointed about this being many of my friends are smokers and when I bring them to games they are going to itching to leave the stadium so they can smoke. I like to be in my seats 15 minutes before gametime at least and always stay till the end. It might be tough

My "friend" used to drink a whole bunch of beers in the metrodome. Can I still do that at TCF?

NO beers sales at all at TCF Bank Stadium. they won't be saling beers at all. so you won't be allow to get beers at all.

yes

You will, if you have the balls and brains to pull off getting a sixer into the stadium. I did it at the dome, I've done it at Wisconsin, Iowa and Purdue. It's easier with the plastic bottles these days. All you need is a good winter jacket with some of the "insulation" getting an upgrade.

Little things like a no alcohol policy should stop you "friend", assuming he again has a brain in his head and the balls to pull it off.

The availability of booze in the dome made Minnesota fans soft. The only thing worse than the class warfare the nincompoops in the state legislature tried to bring into the debate, are the whining little girls who can't cowboy up and get their alcohol in the stadium the old fashioned way. Smuggled in.

NO beers sales at all at TCF Bank Stadium. they won't be saling beers at all. so you won't be allow to get beers at all.

This quote was edited....I'd hate to see what it looked like before....wowza...

Top Bottom