Haven't read all the threads, but I have a question: Wildcat broke, in dog house or..

I disagree, I think our OL just got overpowered and the wildcat wasn't likely to do much anyway....

We're not good enough yet to hide a lot of plays IMO.

Agree. Plus I would want them to practice for it. Gophs can always line up in wildcat and have Green throw, hand off, or just show it and then move Zack back into QB.

You got me there!! That bubble screen simply did not work. I think I recall it at least three times.

Hey, the Vikings even tried to run it once last night (that I recall). And Thielen blocked for it about as well as Tyler Johnson blocked for it. If the DB shoots it ... the play is deader than a doornail.

They got out coached and made few if any adjustments on offense to force the defense to react and try to adjust. It's very puzzling.

You got me there!! That bubble screen simply did not work. I think I recall it at least three times.

Hey, the Vikings even tried to run it once last night (that I recall). And Thielen blocked for it about as well as Tyler Johnson blocked for it. If the DB shoots it ... the play is deader than a doornail.

The Vikes ran it twice to Diggs last night, with the first one going for big yards.
As others have said about the Gophers scheme/coaching. We didn't do enough to try and exploit the Maryland D. Some of that was because we played an immobile QB the entire game, some was the OC's refusal to change the game plan and some had to due with the offense(OL) not playing well

I missed or didn't remember the big Diggs play off the bubble.

When it works -- ie, when the defenders get blocked -- yes it can be a great play. But if the DB shoots the play, it gets blown up for a loss.

I agree with your overall thoughts, GFB and PMWin

Top Bottom