Have the Gophers turned the corner?

It was Ohio State's third loss although one of the previous 2 losses was to Purdue by 2 points and the other was on the road against Maryland.

Ohio State isn't a great team but they are a very good offensive team so holding them under 70 was impressive given they routinely score in the 80s and 90s.

Nice road win over a solid team and hopefully a step in the right direction for the Gophers.
Yep and it's not like they were just missing wide open shots. I rewatched the game this morning and we didn't make things easy on Ohio State on defense.

That's a good sign for Ben that he has these guys still really playing hard on defense (and much smarter than they were at the beginning of the year).

No, but thinking the corner might, just possibly, be in sight.

When one needs a quote, Winston Churchill is often a good source. During November of 1942 with multiple big Allied victories in sight, he said:

"Now, this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But, it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

We had a really rough beginning but, perhaps, we are at the end of that beginning.

When one needs a quote, Winston Churchill is often a good source. During November of 1942 with multiple big Allied victories in sight, he said:

"Now, this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But, it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

We had a really rough beginning but, perhaps, we are at the end of that beginning.
What a time in history. Can’t begin to imagine what it was like in his shoes.
Apologies for going off track.

Getting back on track, would really feel better with some more victories in this campaign.

Being competitive against a team like Ilini will give some clue if we have turned the corner. IMO we don’t match up well against them so we could struggle

Good grief, I don't see anybody claiming we're going to be playing on Sunday during the BIG Tournament. People are encouraged--and relieved--because this team started to look like they have at least a clue. There's an actual flow to the offense; they're playing harder and more cohesively on defense; they're rebounding much better; Garcia is having an impact. I get the bar had been set very low, but these recent games are also a hell of a lot more than "not tripping and falling in a pothole." Whatever that snarky shit is supposed to mean.
Maybe I should have said "a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while" or " a stopped clock is right twice per day."

You're right the bar has been set low, too low.... and just because it is set low, that doesn't mean we need to embrace it like the prodigal son returning. It's more like the loyal son returning from town on his fourth trip of the day.

Maybe I should have said "a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while" or " a stopped clock is right twice per day."

You're right the bar has been set low, too low.... and just because it is set low, that doesn't mean we need to embrace it like the prodigal son returning. It's more like the loyal son returning from town on his fourth trip of the day.
This is honestly the funniest thing I’ve seen today

Amazingly, we will have many more opportunities for more improvement and wins.

Almost won at Wisconsin - approaching the corner.

Should have beat Nebraska at home - at the corner.

Beat Ohio State on the the road - turned the corner.

Beat Illinois at home - cruising down the road.
Is losing by 18 to Illinois at home the equivalent of turning the corner and hitting a pedestrian in the crosswalk?

Really tough game. They looked so much bigger than us and with their depth they could pressure us all game.

They played hard but not very well. At this point, we just don't have enough guns to compete with Illinois at this stage.

Really tough game. They looked so much bigger than us and with their depth they could pressure us all game.

They played hard but not very well. At this point, we just don't have enough guns to compete with Illinois at this stage.
It's too bad that Treyton Thompson just can't give us a presence down low and struggles to play man-to-man defense. We have a couple spots that could be upgraded this spring. But, these kids are working hard to improve.

harry-hitchhiking-home-dumb-and-dumber-joseph-oland.jpg

Sincerely, we got the bt win so it doesn’t matter anymore. Ben’s 2000 2001 nw team is stuck with the record.

It appears that we have turned the corner.

We’ve turned the corner onto an unfinished on-ramp.

Ola-Joseph with 13 points on 6-11 shooting in 27 minutes.

Payne and Henley with 24 and 21 minutes.

As juniors, they will hopefully be nice pieces. To add to our better higher-rated incoming recruits.

WOW, that is an awesome comparison!!!
Wow, RockChalk sure shows up fast when he's not needed.

But what about the absolutely idiotic Headline comparison threads on here....

Well Henley had 5 points. Holloman is averaging 1.5.
I’m not sure this makes the point you think its making.

And before you get upset I didn’t go to St Thomas. Or Marquette. Or any other school. I’m an actual Maroon Blooded Gopher fan. Can send receipts and pictures as needed.

I’m not sure this makes the point you think its making.

And before you get upset I didn’t go to St Thomas. Or Marquette. Or any other school. I’m an actual Maroon Blooded Gopher fan. Can send receipts and pictures as needed.
I wonder why Henley isn’t on the MSU roster?

3AF54F90-DF0B-40E3-B137-C9F569AF878C.gif

Top Bottom